Sign in with
Your question

Can't choose! Gigabyte or Asus x58

Last response: in Motherboards
October 22, 2009 4:32:43 PM

heyya folks, im on the verge of ordering my new system : http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/page-273278_13_0.ht...
but i cant decide on which mobo to get, they are the same price from ocuk and im trying to make the best choice possible:

Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 Intel X58 (Socket 1366)

or

Asus P6TD Deluxe Intel X58 (Socket 1366)

From my understanding both are favorites and have been rated excellently, so this make choosing even harder.

I will be using this pc for gaming mainly and some ocing too so if anyone prefers one to the other for any specific reason do give your input

il be using an ati 5870 if it makes any difference

thanks
MaLtaguY
a c 156 V Motherboard
a b Ĉ ASUS
October 22, 2009 4:57:06 PM

Log onto newegg. Look at the negative reviews (the one, two, and three star reviews) to see what others did not like about both motherboards and use that to make your decision.

If you still can't decide, flip a coin. While the coin is in midair, you are going to discover that you are hoping for a particular result. Use that to make your decision.
October 22, 2009 5:06:05 PM

JSC - If you still can't decide, flip a coin. While the coin is in midair, you are going to discover that you are hoping for a particular result. Use that to make your decision.

I have never heard that before, i like that.
Related resources
October 22, 2009 5:17:29 PM

same hehe well they seem to be really evenly matched, oh well, think il go with the gigabyte since ive never owned one and they seem to appeal to all so it cant hurt surely
October 22, 2009 5:32:39 PM

hmm also found EVGA X58 SLI LE Intel X58 which is even cheaper than those 2 boards and is also rated well...

il be starting off with 1 ati 5870 but after a while while i be able to crossfire 3 of these on any of the boards i mentioned?? want build to be super future proof
!