Solved

X4 955 BE aftermarket heatsink temps

Hello, I just installed a ZALMAN CNPS9900LED (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835118046) on my processor.

I overclocked it to 3.6ghz and my temps are 41-45c idle and 53-55 load. I was wondering if this is normal and also if I could push the processor up to 3.8ghz.

Thanks,

Cgintz
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about aftermarket heatsink temps
  1. What CPU voltage are you using now for 3.6GHz? If you are currently running the minimum voltage needed for 3.6GHz stability, and already at 55C now, I doubt you have any shot at 3.8GHz.

Seems like too high voltage, too slow CPU fan RPM, or too hot case temps (air flow & room temps factor here). edit: or cooler mounting problem
  2. I did have to up the voltage. On load its running around 1.36.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure since I'm on vacation and cannot test for the absolute voltage.

I was thinking it could be a mounting issue since my airflow is decent enough. I did not mount it myself I took it to a professional.

When the cpu was at 3.4ghz it was idling around 41c and on load 50-51c. (without the voltage increase)

also the max fan rpm is 2000. and on load it was running 1900+
  3. Took off cool n quiet and temps dropped to 51-52c full load.
  4. Best answer
    That doesn't seem too hot for that cpu. 50c under load isnt that bad, if a pro put the heatsink on, and you have good airflor in your case, then theres nothing else you can do.
  5. Pro's are often just amateurs that get paid.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Zalman Heatsinks Processors Product