TS2U: Making objects EP-ready

Ehm, how do I make objects EP-ready again? With SimsPE? What do I do?
:-\ And is there any way to have the program go through your files and
figure out which ones are not EP ready? I have no desire to go through
each of my thousands of downloads individually...

Funny note: Remember when Sims 2 first came out? There were no
downloads what so ever, and many people thought there would never be
any, because of the nature of the new code... how wrong they were,
hehe.
16 answers Last reply
More about ts2u making objects ready

    There's a FAQ at the SimPE site that tells you how to do it.

    Best wishes
    Maxon

    "Guardian Pegasus" <popeundercover@holysee.va> wrote in message
    > Ehm, how do I make objects EP-ready again? With SimsPE? What do I do?
    > :-\ And is there any way to have the program go through your files and
    > figure out which ones are not EP ready? I have no desire to go through
    > each of my thousands of downloads individually...
    >
    > Funny note: Remember when Sims 2 first came out? There were no
    > downloads what so ever, and many people thought there would never be
    > any, because of the nature of the new code... how wrong they were,
    > hehe.

    On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 07:23:43 +0200, Guardian Pegasus
    <popeundercover@holysee.va> wrote:

    >Ehm, how do I make objects EP-ready again? With SimsPE? What do I do?
    >:-\ And is there any way to have the program go through your files and
    >figure out which ones are not EP ready? I have no desire to go through
    >each of my thousands of downloads individually...
    >
    >Funny note: Remember when Sims 2 first came out? There were no
    >downloads what so ever, and many people thought there would never be
    >any, because of the nature of the new code... how wrong they were,
    >hehe.

    True, they were wrong. But there still isn't a good editor for Sims 2,
    for Sims 1 there were many.

    "Strider" <aaaa@aaa.aa> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 07:23:43 +0200, Guardian Pegasus
    > <popeundercover@holysee.va> wrote:
    >
    >>Ehm, how do I make objects EP-ready again? With SimsPE? What do I do?
    >>:-\ And is there any way to have the program go through your files and
    >>figure out which ones are not EP ready? I have no desire to go through
    >>each of my thousands of downloads individually...
    >>
    >>Funny note: Remember when Sims 2 first came out? There were no
    >>downloads what so ever, and many people thought there would never be
    >>any, because of the nature of the new code... how wrong they were,
    >>hehe.
    >
    > True, they were wrong. But there still isn't a good editor for Sims 2,
    > for Sims 1 there were many.

    Please refresh my memory Strider and tell them what they were??

    Thanks......Betty

    Hmmm, SimPe is a good editor for sims2 stuff, as good as any of the programs
    you mentioned for sims1. And you forgot about TMog for sims1 too.

    > Hmmm, SimPe is a good editor for sims2 stuff, as good as any of the
    > programs
    > you mentioned for sims1. And you forgot about TMog for sims1 too.

    I agree Bluegenie2. I think SimPE does just about all that those for
    Sims 1 did and it is free.
    Simenhancer was too high! I remember I bought some of simenhancer
    programs but they just
    got way too high.

    Betty

    > Hmmm, SimPe is a good editor for sims2 stuff, as good as any of the
    > programs
    > you mentioned for sims1. And you forgot about TMog for sims1 too.

    Oh no, don't forget TMog, it was the main program for object makers
    wasn't it? I thought so.

    Betty

    >> True, they were wrong. But there still isn't a good editor for Sims 2,
    >> for Sims 1 there were many.
    >
    >Please refresh my memory Strider and tell them what they were??

    The Editors for Sims 1? Simenhancer, Simwardrobe, NPC replacer, SPE,
    Sim Categorizer to mention a few to start with.

    On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 18:15:35 -0400, "Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote:

    >Hmmm, SimPe is a good editor for sims2 stuff, as good as any of the programs
    >you mentioned for sims1. And you forgot about TMog for sims1 too.

    That's because we have different opinions of what "good" means. I
    consider a program good if it does what I want it to do, is reasonably
    fast and easy to use.("easy to use" means "looks like something I'm
    used to"). SimPE is neither (in my opinion). I guess it's just
    prejudice.

    On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 17:45:37 -0500, "d-b_enson"
    <d_bin@southnospam.com> wrote:

    >"Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote in message
    >> Hmmm, SimPe is a good editor for sims2 stuff, as good as any of the
    >> programs
    >> you mentioned for sims1. And you forgot about TMog for sims1 too.
    >>
    >Oh no, don't forget TMog, it was the main program for object makers
    >wasn't it? I thought so.

    No wonder I didn' mention it. I know my talents and obect-making isn't
    one of them:-)

    On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 17:43:17 -0500, "d-b_enson"
    <d_bin@southnospam.com> wrote:

    >"Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote in message
    >> Hmmm, SimPe is a good editor for sims2 stuff, as good as any of the
    >> programs
    >> you mentioned for sims1. And you forgot about TMog for sims1 too.
    >>

    >I agree Bluegenie2. I think SimPE does just about all that those for
    >Sims 1 did and it is free.
    >Simenhancer was too high! I remember I bought some of simenhancer

    Simenhancer was my favorite, I bought 3 copies of it.

    > On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 18:15:35 -0400, "Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote:
    >
    >>Hmmm, SimPe is a good editor for sims2 stuff, as good as any of the
    >>programs
    >>you mentioned for sims1. And you forgot about TMog for sims1 too.
    >
    > That's because we have different opinions of what "good" means. I
    > consider a program good if it does what I want it to do, is reasonably
    > fast and easy to use.("easy to use" means "looks like something I'm
    > used to"). SimPE is neither (in my opinion). I guess it's just
    > prejudice.

    Guess I'm prejudice then because I think the guy behind SimPE is a lot
    better than
    the one behind Simenhancer. :P
    Shoot! with simenhancer, if you had to reformat, you had to go through a
    lot just to get
    another code to make his programs work. I didn't like that part. When I
    buy something,
    I expect to be able to use it when I want to. :) Also, simenhancer
    messed up games sometimes!!

    Betty

    >Guess I'm prejudice then because I think the guy behind SimPE is a lot
    >better than
    >the one behind Simenhancer. :P

    That's possible of course, but so far I haven't heard many say
    Simenhancer was difficult to use, I can't say the same about SimPE.

    >Shoot! with simenhancer, if you had to reformat, you had to go through a
    >lot just to get
    >another code to make his programs work. I didn't like that part. When I
    >buy something,
    >I expect to be able to use it when I want to. :) Also, simenhancer
    >messed up games sometimes!!

    So do I, but it wasn't a problem for me because I never reformat,if
    something goes wrong with windows I just use a gost backup of it with
    the codes in it. The game isn't affected by this as it's on another
    drive. Simenhancer has never messed up my games either.

    As with a lot of programs, you have to learn the program before actually
    using it for anything. There are many tutorials on the mts2 site for how to
    use simpe and once you have gone thru a few you will pick it up just fine.
    Also, it just might be possible that maxis made the sims2 just a wee bit
    harder to delve into than they did with the sims.
    The best way I have of learning a program is to just start messing with it
    and essentially teaching myself :)

    But, actually, with simpe, I took the tutorials at first, then just decided
    to wait until they had a better way of recoloring (as far as object creation
    goes). But now that has happened and continues to get better with each
    release.
    And one of the biggest pluses of all..............it's free :)

    On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 22:11:36 -0400, "Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote:

    >As with a lot of programs, you have to learn the program before actually
    >using it for anything. There are many tutorials on the mts2 site for how to

    The Modthesims2 site, right? That site takes an hour for me to load,
    even on 10Mbits broadband,even if I'm lucky enough not to get a
    time-out while trying to contact the site.

    >use simpe and once you have gone thru a few you will pick it up just fine.

    Perhaps I'm too stupid to learn it? However I have to admit that I'm
    more interested in hardware than software. Anyway, I've tried to edit
    a Sim with it as follows: Start SimPE,up with the Sim browser(takes
    forever), find the Sim, edit it,works OK. Up with the Sim browser
    (takes forever again), find the Sim, edit it,OK, up with the...no,
    that's it. By the time I've edited all my Sims I'll be six feet below.
    Of course there may be an easier way to do it, but if there is I can't
    figure it out. My system could be too slow of course, It's only an
    Atlon 64 3000+ which isn't a particularly fast system these days.

    Now take Sim2 Enhancer, hasn't been updated for a while, doesn't work
    with University, but it's fast. It loads the neighbourhood and the
    list of Sims when it starts. I can select a Sim, edit it, select
    another from the list without having to wait for it to load anything.
    Easy and fast.

    >Also, it just might be possible that maxis made the sims2 just a wee bit
    >harder to delve into than they did with the sims.

    If that's true, why can Sim2 Enhancer do it the easy way then?

    >The best way I have of learning a program is to just start messing with it
    >and essentially teaching myself :)
    >
    >But, actually, with simpe, I took the tutorials at first, then just decided
    >to wait until they had a better way of recoloring (as far as object creation
    >goes). But now that has happened and continues to get better with each
    >release.

    Your needs are obviously different from mine. I just want to edit the
    Sims a little bit, such as change how many days are left in their
    current life stage, you know, the simple things. Yes I know there are
    cheats but I prefer to do it with a program.

    >And one of the biggest pluses of all..............it's free :)

    A big plus, yes but I don't mind paying for a program I like.

    Actually, you can generate new codes to unlock a new installation on the
    SimEnhancer site - you don't have to contact Rick to get them. It usually
    takes about 2 minutes.

    I think both programmes have different strengths - though I admit I am yet
    to buy SimEnhancer for TS2.

    Best wishes
    Maxon

    > Actually, you can generate new codes to unlock a new installation on
    > the
    > SimEnhancer site - you don't have to contact Rick to get them. It
    > usually
    > takes about 2 minutes.
    >
    > I think both programmes have different strengths - though I admit I am
    > yet
    > to buy SimEnhancer for TS2.
    >
    > Best wishes
    > Maxon

    Amen to that. I made up my mind when I bought Sims 2 to not get started
    buying stuff to go
    with it as in buying subs and programs from 3rd parties. For one thing,
    I don't have that much
    money to be spending like that and another reason, with The Sims 1, I
    ended up buying and not
    using so that taught me a lesson! LOL

    Betty

Sims Games Video Games