TS2U: Making objects EP-ready

Last response: in Video Games
April 18, 2005 11:23:43 AM

Ehm, how do I make objects EP-ready again? With SimsPE? What do I do?
:-\ And is there any way to have the program go through your files and
figure out which ones are not EP ready? I have no desire to go through
each of my thousands of downloads individually...

Funny note: Remember when Sims 2 first came out? There were no
downloads what so ever, and many people thought there would never be
any, because of the nature of the new code... how wrong they were,
hehe.
Anonymous
April 18, 2005 6:03:31 PM

There's a FAQ at the SimPE site that tells you how to do it.

Best wishes
Maxon

"Guardian Pegasus" <popeundercover@holysee.va> wrote in message
> Ehm, how do I make objects EP-ready again? With SimsPE? What do I do?
> :-\ And is there any way to have the program go through your files and
> figure out which ones are not EP ready? I have no desire to go through
> each of my thousands of downloads individually...
>
> Funny note: Remember when Sims 2 first came out? There were no
> downloads what so ever, and many people thought there would never be
> any, because of the nature of the new code... how wrong they were,
> hehe.
April 18, 2005 7:59:58 PM

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 07:23:43 +0200, Guardian Pegasus
<popeundercover@holysee.va> wrote:

>Ehm, how do I make objects EP-ready again? With SimsPE? What do I do?
>:-\ And is there any way to have the program go through your files and
>figure out which ones are not EP ready? I have no desire to go through
>each of my thousands of downloads individually...
>
>Funny note: Remember when Sims 2 first came out? There were no
>downloads what so ever, and many people thought there would never be
>any, because of the nature of the new code... how wrong they were,
>hehe.

True, they were wrong. But there still isn't a good editor for Sims 2,
for Sims 1 there were many.
April 18, 2005 7:59:59 PM

"Strider" <aaaa@aaa.aa> wrote in message
news:o 8f761t9v1rgggcskoc704qh0v69grvk8i@4ax.com...
> On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 07:23:43 +0200, Guardian Pegasus
> <popeundercover@holysee.va> wrote:
>
>>Ehm, how do I make objects EP-ready again? With SimsPE? What do I do?
>>:-\ And is there any way to have the program go through your files and
>>figure out which ones are not EP ready? I have no desire to go through
>>each of my thousands of downloads individually...
>>
>>Funny note: Remember when Sims 2 first came out? There were no
>>downloads what so ever, and many people thought there would never be
>>any, because of the nature of the new code... how wrong they were,
>>hehe.
>
> True, they were wrong. But there still isn't a good editor for Sims 2,
> for Sims 1 there were many.

Please refresh my memory Strider and tell them what they were??

Thanks......Betty
Anonymous
April 18, 2005 10:15:35 PM

Hmmm, SimPe is a good editor for sims2 stuff, as good as any of the programs
you mentioned for sims1. And you forgot about TMog for sims1 too.

"Strider" <aaaa@aaa.aa> wrote in message
news:o 8f761t9v1rgggcskoc704qh0v69grvk8i@4ax.com...
> On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 07:23:43 +0200, Guardian Pegasus
> <popeundercover@holysee.va> wrote:
>
> >Ehm, how do I make objects EP-ready again? With SimsPE? What do I do?
> >:-\ And is there any way to have the program go through your files and
> >figure out which ones are not EP ready? I have no desire to go through
> >each of my thousands of downloads individually...
> >
> >Funny note: Remember when Sims 2 first came out? There were no
> >downloads what so ever, and many people thought there would never be
> >any, because of the nature of the new code... how wrong they were,
> >hehe.
>
> True, they were wrong. But there still isn't a good editor for Sims 2,
> for Sims 1 there were many.
Anonymous
April 18, 2005 10:15:36 PM

> Hmmm, SimPe is a good editor for sims2 stuff, as good as any of the
> programs
> you mentioned for sims1. And you forgot about TMog for sims1 too.

I agree Bluegenie2. I think SimPE does just about all that those for
Sims 1 did and it is free.
Simenhancer was too high! I remember I bought some of simenhancer
programs but they just
got way too high.

Betty
Anonymous
April 18, 2005 10:15:36 PM

> Hmmm, SimPe is a good editor for sims2 stuff, as good as any of the
> programs
> you mentioned for sims1. And you forgot about TMog for sims1 too.

Oh no, don't forget TMog, it was the main program for object makers
wasn't it? I thought so.

Betty
April 19, 2005 2:40:42 AM

>> True, they were wrong. But there still isn't a good editor for Sims 2,
>> for Sims 1 there were many.
>
>Please refresh my memory Strider and tell them what they were??

The Editors for Sims 1? Simenhancer, Simwardrobe, NPC replacer, SPE,
Sim Categorizer to mention a few to start with.
April 19, 2005 3:34:56 PM

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 18:15:35 -0400, "Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote:

>Hmmm, SimPe is a good editor for sims2 stuff, as good as any of the programs
>you mentioned for sims1. And you forgot about TMog for sims1 too.

That's because we have different opinions of what "good" means. I
consider a program good if it does what I want it to do, is reasonably
fast and easy to use.("easy to use" means "looks like something I'm
used to"). SimPE is neither (in my opinion). I guess it's just
prejudice.
April 19, 2005 3:37:36 PM

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 17:45:37 -0500, "d-b_enson"
<d_bin@southnospam.com> wrote:

>"Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote in message
>> Hmmm, SimPe is a good editor for sims2 stuff, as good as any of the
>> programs
>> you mentioned for sims1. And you forgot about TMog for sims1 too.
>>
>Oh no, don't forget TMog, it was the main program for object makers
>wasn't it? I thought so.

No wonder I didn' mention it. I know my talents and obect-making isn't
one of them:-)
April 19, 2005 3:39:35 PM

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 17:43:17 -0500, "d-b_enson"
<d_bin@southnospam.com> wrote:

>"Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote in message
>> Hmmm, SimPe is a good editor for sims2 stuff, as good as any of the
>> programs
>> you mentioned for sims1. And you forgot about TMog for sims1 too.
>>

>I agree Bluegenie2. I think SimPE does just about all that those for
>Sims 1 did and it is free.
>Simenhancer was too high! I remember I bought some of simenhancer

Simenhancer was my favorite, I bought 3 copies of it.
Anonymous
April 19, 2005 4:15:36 PM

> On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 18:15:35 -0400, "Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote:
>
>>Hmmm, SimPe is a good editor for sims2 stuff, as good as any of the
>>programs
>>you mentioned for sims1. And you forgot about TMog for sims1 too.
>
> That's because we have different opinions of what "good" means. I
> consider a program good if it does what I want it to do, is reasonably
> fast and easy to use.("easy to use" means "looks like something I'm
> used to"). SimPE is neither (in my opinion). I guess it's just
> prejudice.

Guess I'm prejudice then because I think the guy behind SimPE is a lot
better than
the one behind Simenhancer. :p
Shoot! with simenhancer, if you had to reformat, you had to go through a
lot just to get
another code to make his programs work. I didn't like that part. When I
buy something,
I expect to be able to use it when I want to. :)  Also, simenhancer
messed up games sometimes!!

Betty
April 20, 2005 3:06:31 AM

>Guess I'm prejudice then because I think the guy behind SimPE is a lot
>better than
>the one behind Simenhancer. :p

That's possible of course, but so far I haven't heard many say
Simenhancer was difficult to use, I can't say the same about SimPE.

>Shoot! with simenhancer, if you had to reformat, you had to go through a
>lot just to get
>another code to make his programs work. I didn't like that part. When I
>buy something,
>I expect to be able to use it when I want to. :)  Also, simenhancer
>messed up games sometimes!!

So do I, but it wasn't a problem for me because I never reformat,if
something goes wrong with windows I just use a gost backup of it with
the codes in it. The game isn't affected by this as it's on another
drive. Simenhancer has never messed up my games either.
Anonymous
April 20, 2005 3:06:32 AM

As with a lot of programs, you have to learn the program before actually
using it for anything. There are many tutorials on the mts2 site for how to
use simpe and once you have gone thru a few you will pick it up just fine.
Also, it just might be possible that maxis made the sims2 just a wee bit
harder to delve into than they did with the sims.
The best way I have of learning a program is to just start messing with it
and essentially teaching myself :)

But, actually, with simpe, I took the tutorials at first, then just decided
to wait until they had a better way of recoloring (as far as object creation
goes). But now that has happened and continues to get better with each
release.
And one of the biggest pluses of all..............it's free :)

> >Guess I'm prejudice then because I think the guy behind SimPE is a lot
> >better than
> >the one behind Simenhancer. :p
>
> That's possible of course, but so far I haven't heard many say
> Simenhancer was difficult to use, I can't say the same about SimPE.
>
> >Shoot! with simenhancer, if you had to reformat, you had to go through a
> >lot just to get
> >another code to make his programs work. I didn't like that part. When I
> >buy something,
> >I expect to be able to use it when I want to. :)  Also, simenhancer
> >messed up games sometimes!!
>
> So do I, but it wasn't a problem for me because I never reformat,if
> something goes wrong with windows I just use a gost backup of it with
> the codes in it. The game isn't affected by this as it's on another
> drive. Simenhancer has never messed up my games either.
April 20, 2005 3:37:07 PM

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 22:11:36 -0400, "Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote:

>As with a lot of programs, you have to learn the program before actually
>using it for anything. There are many tutorials on the mts2 site for how to

The Modthesims2 site, right? That site takes an hour for me to load,
even on 10Mbits broadband,even if I'm lucky enough not to get a
time-out while trying to contact the site.

>use simpe and once you have gone thru a few you will pick it up just fine.

Perhaps I'm too stupid to learn it? However I have to admit that I'm
more interested in hardware than software. Anyway, I've tried to edit
a Sim with it as follows: Start SimPE,up with the Sim browser(takes
forever), find the Sim, edit it,works OK. Up with the Sim browser
(takes forever again), find the Sim, edit it,OK, up with the...no,
that's it. By the time I've edited all my Sims I'll be six feet below.
Of course there may be an easier way to do it, but if there is I can't
figure it out. My system could be too slow of course, It's only an
Atlon 64 3000+ which isn't a particularly fast system these days.

Now take Sim2 Enhancer, hasn't been updated for a while, doesn't work
with University, but it's fast. It loads the neighbourhood and the
list of Sims when it starts. I can select a Sim, edit it, select
another from the list without having to wait for it to load anything.
Easy and fast.

>Also, it just might be possible that maxis made the sims2 just a wee bit
>harder to delve into than they did with the sims.

If that's true, why can Sim2 Enhancer do it the easy way then?

>The best way I have of learning a program is to just start messing with it
>and essentially teaching myself :)
>
>But, actually, with simpe, I took the tutorials at first, then just decided
>to wait until they had a better way of recoloring (as far as object creation
>goes). But now that has happened and continues to get better with each
>release.

Your needs are obviously different from mine. I just want to edit the
Sims a little bit, such as change how many days are left in their
current life stage, you know, the simple things. Yes I know there are
cheats but I prefer to do it with a program.

>And one of the biggest pluses of all..............it's free :)

A big plus, yes but I don't mind paying for a program I like.
Anonymous
April 20, 2005 6:06:47 PM

Actually, you can generate new codes to unlock a new installation on the
SimEnhancer site - you don't have to contact Rick to get them. It usually
takes about 2 minutes.

I think both programmes have different strengths - though I admit I am yet
to buy SimEnhancer for TS2.

Best wishes
Maxon

"d-b_enson" <d_bin@southnospam.com> wrote in message

> Guess I'm prejudice then because I think the guy behind SimPE is a lot
> better than
> the one behind Simenhancer. :p
> Shoot! with simenhancer, if you had to reformat, you had to go through a
> lot just to get
> another code to make his programs work. I didn't like that part. When I
> buy something,
> I expect to be able to use it when I want to. :)  Also, simenhancer
> messed up games sometimes!!
>

> Betty

Anonymous
April 20, 2005 6:48:35 PM

> Actually, you can generate new codes to unlock a new installation on
> the
> SimEnhancer site - you don't have to contact Rick to get them. It
> usually
> takes about 2 minutes.
>
> I think both programmes have different strengths - though I admit I am
> yet
> to buy SimEnhancer for TS2.
>
> Best wishes
> Maxon

Amen to that. I made up my mind when I bought Sims 2 to not get started
buying stuff to go
with it as in buying subs and programs from 3rd parties. For one thing,
I don't have that much
money to be spending like that and another reason, with The Sims 1, I
ended up buying and not
using so that taught me a lesson! LOL

Betty
!