Sign in with
Your question

Catalyst Crashes When Playing Games...

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 24, 2009 7:49:04 PM

When ever I play cod, it runs smooth for a minute or so. Then suddenly white spots begin to show on the lower half of the screen then the screen gets odd colored. The game crashes then the CCC pops up and has a .NET 2.0 Framework error. It says "Out Of Memory". I exit it then the desktop's icons are all pixelated, and the color is different. Then my computer gets the blue screen of death. I've been monitoring my graphics card temperature and it never goes higher then 50 C since I set the fan to 45%... I'm about to RMA it to newegg, but I need second thoughts.

My System
II X4 940 Processer
Sapphire Radeon HD 4870 1GB (Not Toxic Cooling)
Gigabyte Motherboard

Any one knows what is making this happen? I've also updated to Windows Professional SP3
a c 169 U Graphics card
May 25, 2009 10:40:23 AM

What drivers are u using ? try installing new drivers(if u dont have) or roll back to some older drivers (if u have the newest catalyst driver)
May 25, 2009 11:05:56 AM

well that used to happen to me and it had nothing to do with the drivers in my case...
my problem was i was overclocking my card a little too high, so if ur doing the same, bring the clocks the down a bit and let us know what happens
Related resources
May 25, 2009 2:22:47 PM

Well I fixed it, I flashed my bios and I downloaded 2.0 .Net Framework SP2, the CCC only downloads the SP1 for ya. Well thanks!
a c 169 U Graphics card
May 25, 2009 4:03:49 PM

Glad to hear it ;) 
!