Asrock a780gxe/128m HDD problem

endurs

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2009
I just recently purchased a new mobo for my computer. I've got everything installed and the BIOS is recognizing all my components but....when I try to boot up I can't get it to recognize my OS on my HDD.

I can get it to run my CD-roms but it is not recognizing any of my sata HDD. I've tried every option in the bios. The bios sees that i have 2 sata hdd connected but I'm not able to boot windows. It says reboot and select proper boot device etc.

I've used TRK and windows vista disks. None of these are able to see any of my 3 HDD that I have tried.

***edit - I'm using western digital hard drives. I'm not sure the size. My buddy built the computer and I've done the other upgrades. The BIOS version is 1.4

roonj

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2009
Try hooking up just the one harddrive with the OS on it. It seems reasonable you told the bios which drive was the boot drive already right? Also since these were Sata drives what Mode were they running in on the prior motherboard, Ide, achi, raid? If they were hooked up in achi mode for instance you may have had a proprietary driver installed for the other boards controller. The drive should still boot in Ide mode, although there may be a longer initial boot.