What do you think of this Liqud cooling kit?

Jeteroll

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2010
Solution

It depends on what your doing- Everyday computing: Yes Overclocking: No

It may look like its a good solid water cooling loop, but the block and the Radiator are not adequate. The radiator doesn't have enough surface area, the radiator just has a...

deadg3cko

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2011

It depends on what your doing- Everyday computing: Yes Overclocking: No

It may look like its a good solid water cooling loop, but the block and the Radiator are not adequate. The radiator doesn't have enough surface area, the radiator just has a few copper tubes between the fins to transfer heat from the water. The water block isn't that great, it is restrictive and inefficient, and the CPU block is the same as the GPU and the chip set block. I read all of this a while ago, sorry I don't remember where I got this.

If I were you I would go with the XSPC Rasa. I currently have a Rasa installed in my loop and the temps are amassing, 15c idle and 30c max under load.

Forgot to mention that my CPU is OC'd to 4.8 at 1.5v core. LOOK AT MY SIG.

Solution

deadg3cko

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2011
I take that back about the Water blocks. In fact they are the least restrictive block among these in the chart. http://www.pureoverclock.com/images/review/cooling/larkooler_g14/larkooler_g14_flow.jpg

The radiator is the only thing holding back this Kit, you can buy it and add a radiator. A good cheep radiator is a 77 Bonneville heater core. I have one of these heater cores and it cools the water soo well. They sell for less than $25 at your local auto parts store.

deadg3cko

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2011
Yea, that kit is good. The water block is awesome, the pump is not that loud and the radiator is fairly decent. What exactly are you going to be doing with your computer?

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Seriously, avoid the Larkooler kit. It's a rebranded TT Bigwater. You'll want to avoid this, unless you like learning about watercooling the hard way.

@Jeteroll: you are asking a lot of questions that are covered in the links I mentioned you go over.