Sign in with
Your question
Solved

What do you think of this Liqud cooling kit?

Tags:
  • Heatsinks
  • Cooling
  • Overclocking
Last response: in Overclocking
February 20, 2011 12:57:31 PM

I found this kit at frozenCPU and its only $180, which is very cheap for all it includes. COuld I even run all of those components with just the 2x120 rad they send? cuz I am pretty sure i'd need at least another 2x120 to do mosfet and cpu and cipset. Just in general what do u think of it?

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/9927/ex-wat-153/Larko...

More about : liqud cooling kit

Best solution

February 20, 2011 2:59:50 PM

Jeteroll said:
I found this kit at frozenCPU and its only $180, which is very cheap for all it includes. COuld I even run all of those components with just the 2x120 rad they send? cuz I am pretty sure i'd need at least another 2x120 to do mosfet and cpu and cipset. Just in general what do u think of it?

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/9927/ex-wat-153/Larko...

It depends on what your doing- Everyday computing: Yes Overclocking: No

It may look like its a good solid water cooling loop, but the block and the Radiator are not adequate. The radiator doesn't have enough surface area, the radiator just has a few copper tubes between the fins to transfer heat from the water. The water block isn't that great, it is restrictive and inefficient, and the CPU block is the same as the GPU and the chip set block. I read all of this a while ago, sorry I don't remember where I got this.

If I were you I would go with the XSPC Rasa. I currently have a Rasa installed in my loop and the temps are amassing, 15c idle and 30c max under load.

Forgot to mention that my CPU is OC'd to 4.8 at 1.5v core. LOOK AT MY SIG.
February 20, 2011 3:10:22 PM

I take that back about the Water blocks. In fact they are the least restrictive block among these in the chart. http://www.pureoverclock.com/images/review/cooling/lark...

The radiator is the only thing holding back this Kit, you can buy it and add a radiator. A good cheep radiator is a 77 Bonneville heater core. I have one of these heater cores and it cools the water soo well. They sell for less than $25 at your local auto parts store.
m
l
Related resources
February 20, 2011 4:59:45 PM

Yea, that kit is good. The water block is awesome, the pump is not that loud and the radiator is fairly decent. What exactly are you going to be doing with your computer?
m
l
February 20, 2011 5:26:48 PM

Sorry I didnt see you had already suggested a similar one,just trying to help the OP.
m
l
February 20, 2011 7:15:31 PM

Best answer selected by Jeteroll.
m
l
February 20, 2011 7:17:07 PM

Thx guys, I will probably just be going with the Rasa 2x120, or maybe ill config my own, im only doing mild ocing like .5 to.7 ghz sooo ya
thx!
m
l
February 20, 2011 7:32:23 PM

Look into Heater Cores for extra radiators, you wont be disappointed! :)  They're soooo cheap. Good luck!
m
l
a c 331 K Overclocking
February 21, 2011 12:18:26 PM

Seriously, avoid the Larkooler kit. It's a rebranded TT Bigwater. You'll want to avoid this, unless you like learning about watercooling the hard way.

@Jeteroll: you are asking a lot of questions that are covered in the links I mentioned you go over.
m
l
!