O2IIs MediaPlayer 10 error

July 4, 2005 4:49:01 AM

i just upgrade the MP9 to MP10, but when play the file, got one error,
"Cannot play the file is either corrupted or the Player does not support the
format you are trying to play." but all these can play in MP9, anyone know
how to solve this problem?
July 8, 2005 1:57:02 AM

I am also having the same problem.
Have you gotten it resolved yet?

"Kit" wrote:

> i just upgrade the MP9 to MP10, but when play the file, got one error,
> "Cannot play the file is either corrupted or the Player does not support the
> format you are trying to play." but all these can play in MP9, anyone know
> how to solve this problem?
Anonymous
July 8, 2005 12:47:49 PM

Google this group for all the problems pocket WMP has, then change to a
player that actually works, like betaplayer or gsplayer.

Tony

Greg wrote:
> I am also having the same problem.
> Have you gotten it resolved yet?
>
> "Kit" wrote:
>
>> i just upgrade the MP9 to MP10, but when play the file, got one
>> error, "Cannot play the file is either corrupted or the Player does
>> not support the format you are trying to play." but all these can
>> play in MP9, anyone know how to solve this problem?
July 8, 2005 8:33:58 PM

"Tony A." <what@where.why.com> wrote in message
> Google this group for all the problems pocket WMP has, then change to a
> player that actually works, like betaplayer or gsplayer.
>
> Tony

If you have Media PLayer 10 get new version, named TCPMP, instead of
BetaPLayer. Otherwise some files (such as WMVs) will not work with it.

http://tcpmp.corecodec.org/about
Anonymous
July 30, 2005 1:52:03 PM

"xTenn" wrote:

> "Tony A." <what@where.why.com> wrote in message
> > Google this group for all the problems pocket WMP has, then change to a
> > player that actually works, like betaplayer or gsplayer.
> >
> > Tony
> >

> If you have Media PLayer 10 get new version, named TCPMP, instead of
> BetaPLayer. Otherwise some files (such as WMVs) will not work with it.
>
> http://tcpmp.corecodec.org/about

I had real problems with MP10 with my Dell Axim 30. It will run if I do a
hard reset, but then won't work right when I restore my files and
programs--no skins and won't play any files. Since everything had been
working before upgrading from MP9, I have to assume that the conflict is with
the MP10.

I gave up and took your advice to try out the Core Player. It seems to be
working just fine. Too bad I can't uninstall the broken Windows Player,
which is just taking up ROM!

Barry
Anonymous
August 4, 2005 12:53:10 AM

I have this same problem with an iPAC rx3715 after doing the ROM update to
version 1.01.11 ENG. Now how can I re-associate all audio and video files
from WMP 10 to TCPMP so taping the file runs TCPMP rather then WMP10?

"Barry W" wrote:

> "xTenn" wrote:
>

> > "Tony A." <what@where.why.com> wrote in message
> > > Google this group for all the problems pocket WMP has, then change to a
> > > player that actually works, like betaplayer or gsplayer.
> > >
> > > Tony
> > >

> > If you have Media PLayer 10 get new version, named TCPMP, instead of
> > BetaPLayer. Otherwise some files (such as WMVs) will not work with it.
> >
> > http://tcpmp.corecodec.org/about
> >

> I had real problems with MP10 with my Dell Axim 30. It will run if I do a
> hard reset, but then won't work right when I restore my files and
> programs--no skins and won't play any files. Since everything had been
> working before upgrading from MP9, I have to assume that the conflict is with
> the MP10.
>
> I gave up and took your advice to try out the Core Player. It seems to be
> working just fine. Too bad I can't uninstall the broken Windows Player,
> which is just taking up ROM!
>
> Barry
Anonymous
August 4, 2005 12:31:47 PM

Just check the boxes for the extensions you want to associate on the "File
Associations" settings page in TCPMP.

Tony

!