AMD Turion X2 RM-75 good for gaming?

smithereen

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2008
I wouldn't say it could 'handle gaming", but it will run old games. Halo 2 I'm not familiar with, but since it's an xBox port, I imagine you could make it run.

masterjaw

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2009
If gaming is your concern, I would be more concerned with the integrated gpu rather than the cpu. But as a rule, gaming laptop = temporary solution. After a few months, you won't be able to play anything other than the old games.

The CPU should be fine, but the graphics may not be up to snuff for more modern games. I can't see the site right now (some funny error with the best buy website), but based on the responses above, it'll be somewhat mediocre with gaming due to the IGP.

zaskark

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2009

Yeah I went to that website and I passed all the tests for Halo 2 except the CPU test which it gave me the lowest bar is that site accurate because my cpu is a dual core so it cant be that bad.

zaskark

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2009

I was also told by the HP support that gaming on this laptop can damage the internals or even crash the laptop if playing games on it because it is not a gaming laptop but i think it can handle casual gaming do you think.

If gaming damages the internals, it is a poorly designed computer. All computers should be designed to handle the heat given off when all components are loaded to their maximum.

amdfangirl

Expert
Ambassador

Well, it should be fine... I'd hope HP was only trying to entice you into buying a gaming lappy

zaskark

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2009
yeah maybe you guys are right show do you think my notebook should handle gaming to the point that the graphic card allows it to and also what causes lag and the frame rate to go crazy.