Sign in with
Your question

AMD Turion X2 RM-75 good for gaming?

Last response: in CPUs
August 7, 2009 4:47:41 AM

I just bought a notebook and have asked many people if my computer could handle gaming and specifically Halo 2 and I have gotten many mixed responses so if any one can clear it up for me and tell me if my cpu is good enough here is a link to the laptop I bought with specs: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=9377104&s... Thanks for anyone who can help

More about : amd turion good gaming

August 7, 2009 5:24:46 AM

I wouldn't say it could 'handle gaming", but it will run old games. Halo 2 I'm not familiar with, but since it's an xBox port, I imagine you could make it run.
August 7, 2009 6:01:14 AM

If gaming is your concern, I would be more concerned with the integrated gpu rather than the cpu. But as a rule, gaming laptop = temporary solution. After a few months, you won't be able to play anything other than the old games.
Related resources
a b à CPUs
a b 4 Gaming
August 7, 2009 7:08:11 AM

The CPU should be fine, but the graphics may not be up to snuff for more modern games. I can't see the site right now (some funny error with the best buy website), but based on the responses above, it'll be somewhat mediocre with gaming due to the IGP.
August 7, 2009 12:21:17 PM

cpu should br finr but video card sucks, well it is better then intel video but still does not expect any serious gaming.
that being said You should be able to run it at somewhat low settings.

Go here if Yuo want to check other games http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest
August 7, 2009 5:16:13 PM

ainarssems said:
cpu should br finr but video card sucks, well it is better then intel video but still does not expect any serious gaming.
that being said You should be able to run it at somewhat low settings.

Go here if Yuo want to check other games http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest

Yeah I went to that website and I passed all the tests for Halo 2 except the CPU test which it gave me the lowest bar is that site accurate because my cpu is a dual core so it cant be that bad.
August 7, 2009 10:57:58 PM

You're CPU is fine. You're GPU sucks bigtime, though.
August 8, 2009 2:33:03 AM

smithereen said:
You're CPU is fine. You're GPU sucks bigtime, though.

I was also told by the HP support that gaming on this laptop can damage the internals or even crash the laptop if playing games on it because it is not a gaming laptop but i think it can handle casual gaming do you think.
a b à CPUs
a b 4 Gaming
August 8, 2009 3:47:20 AM

If gaming damages the internals, it is a poorly designed computer. All computers should be designed to handle the heat given off when all components are loaded to their maximum.
a b à CPUs
August 8, 2009 4:25:53 AM

^+1 cjl
a b à CPUs
August 8, 2009 11:03:08 AM

zaskark said:
I was also told by the HP support that gaming on this laptop can damage the internals or even crash the laptop if playing games on it because it is not a gaming laptop but i think it can handle casual gaming do you think.

Well, it should be fine... I'd hope HP was only trying to entice you into buying a gaming lappy
August 8, 2009 7:35:47 PM

yeah maybe you guys are right show do you think my notebook should handle gaming to the point that the graphic card allows it to and also what causes lag and the frame rate to go crazy.
a b à CPUs
August 8, 2009 11:20:55 PM

Just have a go then!
August 9, 2009 5:01:28 AM

O_o 8200 not good
but the CPU is good
maybe you can run game @ low
August 10, 2009 4:58:08 AM

i ran the halo demo on high so i think ill be good on medium on halo 2
!