Sign in with
Your question

Asus P7P55D Pro Heatsink/Memory Compatibility Questions

Last response: in Motherboards
October 22, 2009 11:04:43 PM

I plan on purchasing the Asus P55 Pro and Corsair Dominator Memory (2x2). I hear that its a tight fit between the CPU and Memory. I need a good cooler to go on there. I was thinking the Coolermaster N520 but i'm not sure how that will fit. If someone could verify that cooler works that would be great, otherwise I'm open for suggestion. Thanks.
CB
February 1, 2010 1:10:43 PM

So what did you end up using? I process of building one too!! Im looking at a Zalman cnps9900aled heatsink fan combo. It looks to have good clearence around it being curved and all. I do know its like 6" tall though so good thing i got a big case!! Let me know what u ended up doing.
m
l
February 1, 2010 4:09:36 PM

I actually went with the Hyper 212 Plus from Coolermaster and it fits wonderfully. If i wanted to i could squeeze 4 dims there. claude_bonanni[at]yahho.com if you wants pics of it. I can vouch for the coolermaster.
m
l
Related resources
a b } Memory
a b V Motherboard
February 10, 2010 12:02:44 PM

Can you post the pics here? I'm kind of leaning towards the Hyper 212+ if it's a nice fit in my P7P55D motherboard.
m
l
February 10, 2010 12:28:37 PM

I can't figure out how to post pics on here and im not gonna use any file-hosting. Sorry, im a noob, i know. just shoot me an email though and ill reply and send the pictures of it.
m
l
February 11, 2010 11:55:44 AM

Here is one from my facebook.
m
l
a b } Memory
a b V Motherboard
February 11, 2010 12:01:22 PM

Sent an email a few hours ago.

By the way, what GPU is that?

That looks very much like a Cooler Master case, am I right?

EDIT: Saw it. Looks nice. Although I'm kind of liking the Deep Cool Ice Blade Pro, which might be unheard of to you guys.
m
l
!