New 7500gt vista - Out Of Range message

shark669

Distinguished
May 24, 2009
Hi all
On my living room Media Center Computer I Installed new "Point Of View" 9500GT PCIE card & latest Nvidia drivers for Vista Ultimate,
After installing the drivers I got "Out Of Range" message from my Plazma Tv,
I tried to hook up 19" LCD Screen and also got "Out Of Range" message,
I rebooted the computer into safe mode and I changed the resolution to 600x800 default refresh rate, then reboot the computer to normal mode and I got "Out Of Range" message again…
Is it possible that Safe Mode won't keep the selected resolution?
What can I do to change Vista's resolution/Refresh rate?

Thank you!!
Sharon

shark669

Distinguished
May 24, 2009
Thank you mousemonkey for the tip, It was connected with VGA..
I switched the cable to DVI and I am able to see blank desktop (vista's default background image)http://i12.tinypic.com/33lnsoz.jpg )
No start menu or icons, I thought Explorer process is missing so I hit alt+ctrl+del to start Task manager then the screen go's black
I hear theta vista is working properly, I can here sound and the system respond to shut down after the chassis shutdown button is pressed

Could be that the OS has set the VGA output as the primary display and the DVI output as the secondary display. If you still have the vga cable connected then it may basically be putting all your icons and the task bar on a screen you can't see. disconnect the VGA cable. You should also try booting into safe mode, uninstalling the video driver, and reinstalling it.

shark669

Distinguished
May 24, 2009
I am a Rookie!!!! Thank you mousemonkey & megamanx00 for the fast diagnostics
VGA connection was the problem; once I connected DVI cable the LCD monitor was able to display the image (only if VGA cable was disconnected!!)
Now I am onto new problem – the Plasma TV screen is flickering when connected to the hdmi port, I tried to connect the TV hdmi cable both to the 9500gt hdmi port and DVI (using DVI2Hdmi converter)

Any ideas?

Thanks again