Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Cpu

Last response: in CPUs
Share
August 7, 2009 8:17:09 AM

Hi guys,
I am customizing Sony Vaio Z serie 790. Does it worth to pay 250 dollars more for P9700 ınstead of p8700 or p8800?
Please answer it!
Thanks...

More about : cpu

August 7, 2009 8:45:12 AM

Depend what you want to do with the laptop?
Usually no, not really specially between P8800 and P9700.
m
0
l
August 7, 2009 9:02:59 AM

if What am I goıng to do, the best option is p9700?
m
0
l
Related resources
August 7, 2009 9:12:33 AM

What is the point of paying extra $250 if you are just wainting movies and surf on internet?!
That's why I asked you.
m
0
l
August 7, 2009 9:31:36 AM

Sometimes I play games but generally office programs, movies, internet surfing... Sometimes I open 10 windows in the sametime, old laptop stuck at that time etc.
m
0
l
August 7, 2009 9:34:28 AM

You are more than fine even with P8700.
m
0
l
August 7, 2009 9:36:54 AM

thanks bro...
m
0
l
August 7, 2009 9:38:41 AM

For games it's really important to have a good videocard. What videocard do you have?
m
0
l
August 7, 2009 9:40:38 AM

nvidia 9300
m
0
l
August 7, 2009 9:42:50 AM

Hi yedandva,

Sony's P7000 is definitely a good laptop, it's very unique and attractive with it's looks as well as features. Even i too agree with hefox. You can save or use those $250 to buy some accessories.

Regards,
Mike
Server Rentals
m
0
l
August 7, 2009 9:44:46 AM

mike pyne said:
Hi yedandva,

Sony's P7000 is definitely a good laptop, it's very unique and attractive with it's looks as well as features. Even i too agree with hefox. You can save or use those $250 to buy some accessories.

Regards,
Mike
Server Rentals


You mean p8700 is it right?
m
0
l
August 7, 2009 9:49:16 AM

hefox said:
For games it's really important to have a good videocard. What videocard do you have?



What do you think about nvidia 9300?
m
0
l
August 7, 2009 10:02:01 AM

P8700 is more than enough. It will never bottleneck the videocard. 9300 is not suitable for games but it's definely better than any graphic chip from Intel.
m
0
l
August 7, 2009 10:07:00 AM

hefox said:
P8700 is more than enough. It will never bottleneck the videocard. 9300 is not suitable for games but it's definely better than any graphic chip from Intel.



Thank you again, I am ordering now... :)  How is it?

Customization Details
Trusted Platform Module and Biometric Fingerprint Sensor
Microsoft® Works
Quickbooks Simple Start 2009
Black
Norton Internet Security (30 Day Trial)
Verizon Wireless Mobile Broadband Built-In
Yes
No Fresh Start™
Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Processor P8700 (2.53GHz)
Standard Capacity Battery
CD/DVD Playback/Burning
13.1" widescreen with XBRITE-DuraView™ LCD technology (1600x900)
4GB DDR3-SDRAM (DDR3-1066, 2GBx2)
Microsoft® Windows Vista® Home Premium 64-bit
320GB Hard Disk Drive (7200rpm)
m
0
l
August 7, 2009 10:11:30 AM

It's a nice laptop. For the future I suggest you to buy a better Internet security application. I really don't recommend Norton Internet Security.
m
0
l
August 7, 2009 10:23:50 AM

hefox said:
It's a nice laptop. For the future I suggest you to buy a better Internet security application. I really don't recommend Norton Internet Security.



I didn't buy it. It is just trial. What is your choice?
m
0
l
August 7, 2009 10:27:06 AM

Kasperky, Bitdefender, Nod32, Panda,etc
m
0
l
a c 123 à CPUs
August 7, 2009 11:41:45 AM

A 9300 will play all kinds of games, just not current ones, unless you turn the settings so far down that many will wonder "what's the point?" But many other games, like Flash internet games, anything 2D (older titles like DiabloII, arcade games, parlor games, etc), will play just fine.
m
0
l
!