julie_73

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2011
Hello,
keep getting this pop up on boot up on home page saying the following,
CeEKey.exe
ACPIControlMethod not located in dynamick libery EBLib.dll.

Question is how do I stop or repair this, I have tried driver detective and another online servce but none have solved the issue.

PC is a toshiba M50-244 running XP. I know its old but its ok for what i need.
Any help please.

julie_73

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2011
reply to Ksiemb. I tried the sfc /scannow and as you can understand it was along time before it completed the proccess on this slow pc but the problem still remains but thx all the same.

julie_73

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2011
reply to hang-the-9.
having problem locating the ACIP cotrolmethod, on the computer, did a search on all computer including c drive/all files and programs and also add and remove programs and theres no results, been on offical toshiba driver site and it says it will not install until i remove old driver ! which seems strange.
so am i missing something, i feel hopeless and like im going round in circles with this.

If you are not using the hotkeys, disable this. http://www.projectsjugaad.com/DICTIONARY-OF-PROCESSES/CeEKey-exe.html

julie_73

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2011
Reply to Ksiemb
Thank you so much, that link as fixed the problem, it no longer pops up, I know to some people it would not have troubled them and they would have just lived with it, but it was getting on my nerves every time I switched on the computer, thank you again Ksiemb.