Sign in with
Your question

I5 750 Overclocking help

Last response: in Overclocking
February 20, 2011 11:50:53 PM

i am a complete armature when it comes to over clocking. I did a slight over clock and did notice a bit of difference but the temperatures went up quite a bit.

can someone tell me how much more can i push the Cpu? i do not want to do any voltage adjustments yet and i do not want to get a new heat sink. i just want to know the limit of my system

specs as follows

Intel Core i5 750 (3.06Ghz) 153x20
Cooler master hyper 212plus (i know its not the best but it was on sale and quite good for the money)
Gigabyte Ga-P55-USB3 (i believe its has a 6 phase power delivery)
kingston hyperx 1600mhz cl9 (4gb)
msi gtx 460 (overclocked to 820mhz on core and 2010mhz on memory
2X OCZ vertex 2 50GB (RAID 0)
Coolermaster 500watt PSU at 70% efficiency.
coolermaster elite 330 mid tower case

I'M running prime 95 on my computer right now and im getting 55C on each core with a room temp of 22.4C)

can i push it a bit more on stock voltage

More about : 750 overclocking

February 21, 2011 3:44:10 AM

igotsnomoney said:
i am a complete armature when it comes to over clocking. I did a slight over clock and did notice a bit of difference but the temperatures went up quite a bit.

can someone tell me how much more can i push the Cpu? i do not want to do any voltage adjustments yet and i do not want to get a new heat sink. i just want to know the limit of my system

specs as follows

Intel Core i5 750 (3.06Ghz) 153x20
Cooler master hyper 212plus (i know its not the best but it was on sale and quite good for the money)
Gigabyte Ga-P55-USB3 (i believe its has a 6 phase power delivery)
kingston hyperx 1600mhz cl9 (4gb)
msi gtx 460 (overclocked to 820mhz on core and 2010mhz on memory
2X OCZ vertex 2 50GB (RAID 0)
Coolermaster 500watt PSU at 70% efficiency.
coolermaster elite 330 mid tower case

I'M running prime 95 on my computer right now and im getting 55C on each core with a room temp of 22.4C)

can i push it a bit more on stock voltage

if that is on idle temprature then it would probably just frie it over time. i would just take it upto 2.90GHz
and leave it at that. what is your fsb?
m
l
February 21, 2011 1:18:14 PM

Quote:
if that is on idle temprature then it would probably just frie it over time. i would just take it upto 2.90GHz

forgot to tell you that was the tempuratures on load, i get about 32C on idle. and i dont think i have a fsb on the new i5. but my base clock is 153mhz and a multiplier of 20.
m
l
Related resources
February 22, 2011 7:29:34 PM

The best you can do is keep raising the BCLK until unstable, thats the limit of your chip without voltage adjustments.

I would recommend you dont allow your temps to get above 75-80 when running prime (remember that with normal use they most likely wont be anywhere near this). From my experience with 750's 160 is about the max BCLK without extra Vcore but all chips are different.

Increase in small steps - this is more important because you are not using a aftermarket cooler.
m
l
February 23, 2011 5:28:22 AM

igotsnomoney said:
Quote:

forgot to tell you that was the tempuratures on load, i get about 32C on idle. and i dont think i have a fsb on the new i5. but my base clock is 153mhz and a multiplier of 20.

yea you do have fsb its probably at 800MHz. 32C is a good idle temp and 55C is ok with a full load. but as you say it is 55C EACH core that doesnt sound right or it would be at 210-225C all up. but yes 55C is a good temp for max load. my cpu gets around 50C on my laptop when gaming and i have no problems, and as you have a desktop pc that is not bad. like peaks said raise the BCLK until unstable. then when it is unstable lower it a little so you have no problems. also make sure you do not get over 70C just to be safe.
m
l
!