TS2 dumb question

..rar files?

I click on them and it goes into a winzip but I get an error message. What
am I doing wrong?
--
Moni
Grandma to Sean 4/3/5

strider

On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 22:52:08 -0700, "fmomoon"
<fmomoonNOSPAM@comcast.net> wrote:

>.rar files?
>
>I click on them and it goes into a winzip but I get an error message. What
>am I doing wrong?

Winzip may not be able to unpack all .rar files, espesially if you
have an older version. Get Winrar frome here:http://www.rarlab.com/

I have the latest version of winzip and as far as I know you still cannot
use it for .rar files. I use extract now for rar files.

"Strider" <aaaa@aaa.aa> wrote in message
> On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 22:52:08 -0700, "fmomoon"
> <fmomoonNOSPAM@comcast.net> wrote:
>
> >.rar files?
> >
> >I click on them and it goes into a winzip but I get an error message.
What
> >am I doing wrong?
>
> Winzip may not be able to unpack all .rar files, espesially if you
> have an older version. Get Winrar frome here:http://www.rarlab.com/

CK

Distinguished
May 25, 2004

> .rar files?
>
> I click on them and it goes into a winzip but I get an error message. What
> am I doing wrong?

..rar files are compressed files that use a different compression method
to .zip files. They are generally smaller than zip files for the same
content, but because they came later they are less widespread than zip
files.

WinZip can't handle .rar files, but something like IZArc
<http://www.izsoft.dir.bg/izarc.htm>, which is free (with a small f), or
WinRAR <http://www.rarlab.com>, which you have to pay for the full
version, should help you out.

HTH.

CK

strider

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 18:17:11 -0400, "Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote:

>I have the latest version of winzip and as far as I know you still cannot
>use it for .rar files. I use extract now for rar files.

That's what I said isn't it:) I've never tried the program as I use
Norton Commander and Total commander for those files.

>"Strider" <aaaa@aaa.aa> wrote in message
>> On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 22:52:08 -0700, "fmomoon"
>> <fmomoonNOSPAM@comcast.net> wrote:
>>
>> >.rar files?
>> >
>> >I click on them and it goes into a winzip but I get an error message.
>What
>> >am I doing wrong?
>>
>> Winzip may not be able to unpack all .rar files, espesially if you
>> have an older version. Get Winrar frome here:http://www.rarlab.com/

Well yes you said it, but saying 'Winzip may not be able to unpack all .rar
files, espesially if you
> >> have an older version' almost implies that the newer versions might be
able to unpack .rar files :)
So I guess I was just putting in that winzip did not handle .rar files as a
definite :)