Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Question about installing hyper 212 plus

Last response: in Overclocking
February 21, 2011 6:59:29 AM

Hey quick question guys. Long story short, i have every component I need for my new PC except my cooler which arrives Tuesday. I have the Antec DF85 case and it has a cpu cutout for easy cooling installation. Anyways I want to start tomorrow assembling everything, is it significantly harder to attach the cooler while inside the case? I assumed with the cpu cutout attaching the clamps would be just as easy if the mobo was out of the case. I just want to start wiring stuff and getting going, I'm impatient :D 

Best solution

a b K Overclocking
February 21, 2011 7:21:15 AM

Assuming the CPU cutout aligns perfectly with the actual CPU position when the board is mounted inside the case, you should have no problems.

You can test the alignment by mounting all of the standoffs and then screwing the mainboard in using one or two screws, just enough to hold it in position. Check the backplate on the back of the mainboard to see if the CPU cutout aligns. Also, make sure that the edges of the cutout don't interfere with the CPU cooler holes in the mainboard.

My CoolerMaster HAF 912 case's CPU cutout didn't align, so it would have been much harder with the board mounted in the case.
February 21, 2011 7:32:29 AM

Leaps-from-Shadows said:
Assuming the CPU cutout aligns perfectly with the actual CPU position when the board is mounted inside the case, you should have no problems.

You can test the alignment by mounting all of the standoffs and then screwing the mainboard in using one or two screws, just enough to hold it in position. Check the backplate on the back of the mainboard to see if the CPU cutout aligns. Also, make sure that the edges of the cutout don't interfere with the CPU cooler holes in the mainboard.

My CoolerMaster HAF 912 case's CPU cutout didn't align, so it would have been much harder with the board mounted in the case.

Oh ok cool, thanks! I'll check that out, hopefully it does.
Related resources
February 21, 2011 7:36:37 AM

Best answer selected by williammeis.
February 21, 2011 7:37:16 AM

Yup, it all aligns. awesome! I'm working on this first thing in the morning.
a c 280 K Overclocking
February 21, 2011 12:35:13 PM

Check out my sig ;) 
!