Blu Ray...Resolution Problem

TURBO RAD

Distinguished
May 16, 2009
So most of you guys know i just got my new computer which ROX and i decided to go with the 1920x1080 monitor bc i saved a ton of money by buyin that over the 1920x1200. Well Here is my delima.

So my computer can play blu ray. However, When i put the blu ray disc in it starts playing then will stop. And a msg comes up that says:

INFORMATION:
this content is protected. Cannot play movie at the current display settings.

I think it goes somethin like that. I checked my display settings and its set to 1920x1080 and thats what blu rays run on??? Im really confused do i need to set the display lower i don't understand at all any help would be great.....THanks Again :D

AKM880

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2009
What are you computer specificaitions? Are you running to you rmonitor using VGA, DVI, or HDMI? What software are you playing these Blu-ray disks with? We need more info.

No, you should not have to set your display lower. My 24" samsung monitor is set to 1920 x 1200 and plays blu-ray fine.

Have you run one of the compatibility programs that might point out a problem.
both monitor and graphics card must be HDCP enabled to work off of a DVI connection. Reason others need to know specific HW, ie Monitor, GPU, and playing software.

I believe most ATI 4xxx GPUs work. and NOT all (even late model) monitors are HDCP enabled. THANK Bill and DRM group.

You can try a VGA connection, but you lose quality.

TURBO RAD

Distinguished
May 16, 2009
Well the software im using is....I cannot think of the name but its on HP computers im not sure what it is. I would check the software but im on my laptop and my computer is shut down. Whatever it is its on my HP thats all i know?? So im sure other HP computers with Blu Ray have the same program.

MY specs:

HP AMD Phenom Quad Core
3.0GHz
750GB
Nvidia GeForce 9800GT
8GB Ram

Ummm and i hooked it up via HDMI to HDMI cord.

mrmez

Splendid
Sounds like an HDCP issue to me.

HDCP 'attempts' to copy protect BD's in certain situations.

Two easy workarounds...
-Switch from a DVI/HDMI to VGA monitor cable
-Install AnyDVD by Slysoft. (Thats what i did)

Apart from that, get some good s/ware like Powed DVD 9 etc.