Need help on my first water rig

rocky_1

Distinguished
May 22, 2010
I'm planning on building water cooling rig and I have begginner questions
Since this is my first I don't want to spend more than $200 on the water cooling parts so if I mess up I don't lose THAT much.
So I plan on getting the XSPC Rasa 750 RS360 kit and the reason for getting a kit is that I don't want to get incompatible stuff on accident.
The rest of my specs are:
Phenom x6 1090t
2x2gb ocz gold ddr3 2000
CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX
ASUS M4A87TD/USB3
Cooler Master Haf 932
Western Digital Black 1TB 64MB Cache
Power Color Radeon HD 6850

Heres my questions
1. What coolant should I use Feser One or Distilled Water
2. If I get distilled water should I use PT Nuke or a silver coil or something else entirely
3. Is it ok to use dyes in distilled water or will mess up things like I've read cause I really like the Feser UV Red Dye
4. Is there any maitenence involved in water cooling such as refilling or something and how often should I refill

After googling for a while I have that you should refill like once a year and the best coolant is distilled water with a silver coil and dyes will mess up everything but I kinda want to have conformation before I buy everything

All advice is greatly appreciated,
Austin

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Heres my questions
1. What coolant should I use Feser One or Distilled Water
2. If I get distilled water should I use PT Nuke or a silver coil or something else entirely
3. Is it ok to use dyes in distilled water or will mess up things like I've read cause I really like the Feser UV Red Dye
4. Is there any maitenence involved in water cooling such as refilling or something and how often should I refill

1. distilled only
2. Yes and yes to distilled/killcoil. Kill coil can be optional.
3. No. But, use at your own risk.
4. 6-9 months is often recommended. See the links in my signature for a ton of WC info.

Edit: Added link for your Feser1 stuff: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?p=3837299

1- Or di-onized water
2- IMO kill coils isn't an option, you need that in your loop
3- No, that damage your loop components in little steps and many manufacturer don't apply warranty if you use dyes.
4- Here is where you need the silver KillCoils, with that you avoid many of those things living in your loop and in the same way the maintenance time isn't as frequently.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
The PHN is the most commonly used kind. It's developed for straight distilled loops to keep the PH in the water balanced.

It mentions the specific use of each in the description/link on Petra's web site.

ortoklaz

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2010

if you plan on using EK acrylic res. stay away prom PT nuke,specially PHN
it will void you warranty if it cracks