Comfortable/safe temps for 2600k OC?

akromam90

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2011
Computer in sig, but I'm using an i7-2600k with a cooler master hyper 212+ in push/pull configuration and an asus p8p67 pro mobo. Right now I'm sitting at 4.3ghz OCd and temps never ran above 64-65 celsius.

1.) What are safe temps for an i7 2600k OCd?

2.) where can I find an up to date guide for a sandy bridge/asus p8p67 OC guide?

3.) what are some good benchmarking tools out there? as of now all I've used are passmark for actual benchmarking.

Thanks in advance!

Solution
Max safe per core temps are 98ºC. The CPU will start auto-throttling in the low 90sºC to keep from damage by heat -- I have verified this by deliberately overclocking and over-volting too far.

To get accurate temps, you should use a program like Core Temp that gives you the temps for each individual core.

As far as "comfortable" temps go, that's a personal choice. I limit myself to 75ºC peak temps at full IntelBurnTest load (using Maximum setting) on my Sandy Bridge processor.

A good guide for ASUS P8P67 overclocking.

For benchmarking and stability testing I use FurMark, 3DMark11, Cinebench 11.5, MSI Kombustor (packaged with MSI Afterburner graphics card overclocking utility), HD Tune, PassMark PerformanceTest, and SiSoft...
Max safe per core temps are 98ºC. The CPU will start auto-throttling in the low 90sºC to keep from damage by heat -- I have verified this by deliberately overclocking and over-volting too far.

To get accurate temps, you should use a program like Core Temp that gives you the temps for each individual core.

As far as "comfortable" temps go, that's a personal choice. I limit myself to 75ºC peak temps at full IntelBurnTest load (using Maximum setting) on my Sandy Bridge processor.

A good guide for ASUS P8P67 overclocking.

For benchmarking and stability testing I use FurMark, 3DMark11, Cinebench 11.5, MSI Kombustor (packaged with MSI Afterburner graphics card overclocking utility), HD Tune, PassMark PerformanceTest, and SiSoft Sandra.

Solution

sjk413

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2012
I'm running a "z68 Asus pro thingy mobo" with a "2600k" and "coarsair H80" in a "coolermaster silencio" case. I put it together last night so haven't had much time to really test it.

on a stress test with all 8 workers it reads about 65 with the cooler se to low, and about 59 with the cooler set to high.

jrXTy.png