Blue screen when installing memory stick

Justintime

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2009
I purchased a memory stick for my hp, I used the same model number but when I install it, the screen goes blue? Is this because of motherboard problem? meaning hp changed motherboards midstream during assembly and now are using something totally different than what I have now? I dont know what the Abit is for I just selected it so I could send the message.

roonj

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2009
Don't follow your description, are you saying you ordered a memory stick that matched your other memory stick or based on HP model number. Sounds like the latter, tough sometimes when they deliberatly hide information from you. Also I don't mind humiliating myself, what is this Abit thing? you talk about. Is that the motherboard manufacturer?
Of course you should tell us what kind of memory you started with and what you are trying to add. If you have time you could add what kind of computer this is.

Justintime

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2009
The memory sticks I have in the computer which is a Hewlett Packard 7915 are by pyne? something like that there are two 128... The one I want to install is a Kingston 512. I have tried taking both 128`s out and putting the 512 in or leaving one of the 128`s in and putting the 512 in but to no avail, still get the blue screen. The Abit thing was a sub category that I had to select to send the message it means nothing to this post.