bringmethathorizon

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2010
Hey guys i was just wondering what my system could overclock too i have it at 3.7 but heard that i could get into the 4.0 range and also wondering if i would see anydiffrence in computer games like crysis or crysis 2 and if anybody has the time could you help me overclock my system? thanks alot
Specs

AMD Phenom II X4 965
Motherboard M4A77TD
4 gigs ddr 3
ATI xfx 5770

welshmousepk

Distinguished
You guys should't be encouraging this.

you need to read some overclocking guides. there are plenty out there. If you don't know what you are doing you could do some damage. Getting a stable overclock at that level will involve voltage increases. which can break systems if not handled properly.

guybates

Distinguished
May 28, 2011

What is your vcore for the CPU? I have mine set to 1.36 and it is stable at 3.8 GHz. I've gotten it to boot when it is up to 4.2 GHz by upping the voltage and it is stable. I am using a Cooler Master Hyper N520 air cooler. My recommendation is to up the voltage just a little bit each time and check your CPU temps with HWmonitor or AMD Overdrive software. Don't let your CPU get over 60 degrees C. The max AMD recommends is 62 C. Below 57 C is ok during full load.