Perambulating Sims

A thought.
I have been updating a story file and realised that nowhere in the text do I
say a Sims phoned for a taxi then went off to a comm lot.
Considering the sizes of the neighbourhoods it seemed logical to say a
person had left the house and walked to where they wanted to go - or
bounced, or, in the case of Nervous, slouched along in a furtive and highly
suspicious manner.

So! Apart from a way to take cash from a Sim, why didn;t Maxi include a
'walkies' option on the mailbox portal?
The interface would be the same. Sim wants to go out; Sim gets asked where
they want to go. Sim disappears from one lot and reappears in the other. It
wouldn't matter all that much if they were not seen walking down the road.
You could still call up a taxi if you wanted.

I mean, the Sims do walk about their neighbourhood because they call on new
visitors and appear in community lots. It always struck me as a bit daft to
have two family members in a comm lot, and one walks home when the other can
only leave by a taxi because they are the Sim you are controlling.
At the least you think the taxi Sim would offer the other a lift.

Just a thought. Although I found the taxi time-warp effect very useful in
The Q Continuum, alerting the users that something very strange was going on
in their universe. Leave the house at nine in the morning; spend all day
making merry and arrive back home at ten past nine in the morning?
Snigger. One particularly naughty Klingon had it down to a fine art. As soon
as his wife started loading the dishwasher he was off! As wife closed the
dishwasher door he strolled back into the kitchen looking innocent.
Innocent and exhausted - but that was before boolprop crept in. Now they
don;t even come back exhausted.

I wish I was a Sim

Granny G

Granny Grumpling wrote:

> So! Apart from a way to take cash from a Sim, why didn;t Maxi
> include
> a 'walkies' option on the mailbox portal?

I would so love that. That taxi thing is a bore. Waiting,
waiting. Sim wanting to sit down on the other side of the lot.
Get back here! Waiting.

T.

aahz

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2005

I find when waiting for a taxi, it's a great time to keep an eye on those
suspecious clouds...

Aahz wrote:
> "Taemon" <Taemon@zonnet.nl> wrote in message
>> I would so love that. That taxi thing is a bore. Waiting,
>> waiting. Sim wanting to sit down on the other side of the lot.
>> Get back here! Waiting.
> I find when waiting for a taxi, it's a great time to keep an
> eye on
> those suspecious clouds...

Idea. Save before watching, I think.

T.