[SOLVED] Odd Splashscreen Problem - Stays Frozen

I had a similar problem with the system freezing at the post screen about 20% of the time. I flashed the bios and turned the splashscreen back on to stop the freezes, but this was with a biostar board. Haven't used foxconn before. Dell uses alot of them on their desktops.

Johnny5934

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009
I haven't tested the battery, but once I see the splashscreen, I have to hit Delete to enter the BiOS and I don't make any changes, I just exit and Windows starts up fine after that. If I don't go through the BiOS, it freezes and doesn't ever load into Windows.

To o1die: How do I go about flashing the BiOS? What will it do? I have never actualy done it.

mikey5802

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2009
I'm thinking that possibly the BIOS has become corrupted somehow...

You don't indicate in your post how long you've had the mobo but if it's a recent purchase, the battery shouldn't have gone bad this soon.

Replace the battery and try and re-save your settings. If that doesn't work, then:

Check the Foxconn website and try and consider downloading and reinstalling the BIOS. Foxconn should have instructions on how to do this, and even most MOBO vendor (ASUS does, anyway) include a copy of the BIOS file and a utility to load a BIOS file on the CD that comes with the MOBO. There should also be a readme file on the CD that tells you how to update/restore, etc.

If there is a copy of the Bios file on the Foxconn CD, then check the file date and compare with the website so you can be sure you have the latest version.

Good luck.

Johnny5934

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009
Actually, I found what it may be. When I unplug my external HDD it loads into Windows fine, if I have it off, it loads into Windows fine, but the minute I plug it back in and have it turned on, it won't load in. I think there may be some wrong settings in the BiOS. But I am still doing further testing, I've done probably 15 restarts the past 45 minutes.

Edit: Figured it out! I had my HDD plugged into a USB Hub, and not directly into the computer. I only recently plugged it into the Hub because I had to plug a device directly into the back and I didn't have room,so I moved the HDD to the Hub. Now that I have it plugged directly into the PC it starts up fine.

Thanks to those that tried to help though.