I'm trying to choose between these cards for my HP 9600 with Intel Core i7-920. I am a casual gamer, but I want my games to run smoothly. I also want to take in longevity. Will I be able to add on another of these cards in a year or two to help my computer handle new games?
I suck at this stuff. Honestly, I don't know what I am doing. Do you guys know what motherboard I might have? I can't find it. By the way, I haven't purchased the computer yet, so I can make changes if it is possible to change the motherboard.
This is what I have from the HP website where I am creating the computer. Hope this helps. Please let me know whatever else you need. I'm trying to create as cheap a computer as possible while still having good performance.
• Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium with Service Pack 1 (64-bit)
• Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-920 processor (2.66GHz, 1MB L2 + 8MB shared L3 cache with QPI Technology)
• FREE UPGRADE! 6GB DDR3-1066MHz SDRAM [3x2048] from 4GB
• FREE UPGRADE! 640GB 7200 rpm SATA 3Gb/s hard drive from 500GB
• 768MB NVIDIA GeForce 9600GS [DVI, VGA, HDMI]
• LightScribe 16X max. DVD+/-R/RW SuperMulti drive
• Integrated 10/100/1000 (Gigabit) Ethernet, No wireless LAN
• Integrated 7.1 channel sound with front audio ports
• 15-in-1 memory card reader, 2 USB, 1394, audio
Okay, I just got off the phone with an HP sales rep. and he said that the motherboard DOES have SLI capabilities. So, I guess I will go with the GTS 250.
It was very interesting because this is the first rep. from a computer company that was American! I guess it's because it was a sales representative.