Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Windows mobile media played through a bluetooth earpiece

Last response: in Cell Phones & Smartphones
Share
Anonymous
July 5, 2005 4:40:02 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc.multimedia (More info?)

Is there a way to set Windows Mobile Media Player v10 to play through my
bluetooth earpiece? I have an Audiovox SMT5600
Anonymous
July 5, 2005 8:03:44 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc.multimedia (More info?)

"BobL" <BobL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:9D3BF189-D7E9-4CBC-ADED-25D317EA058D@microsoft.com...
> Is there a way to set Windows Mobile Media Player v10 to play through my
> bluetooth earpiece? I have an Audiovox SMT5600

Unless you have something other than a standard bluetooth earpiece I think
you find the music quality to be somewhere between "poor" and "unbearable",
given the typically low audio rates for these devices. The exception to this
is the A2DP bluetooth high-performance profile, which actually sounds quite
nice.

With that stated, you need to install the correct BT profile for your
headset for it to work properly. This should be available from the earpiece
manufacturer. Note that some profiles will not support music (perhaps due
to the low bitrate) and will not work in this way. If you do have the
bluetooth earpiece working and this is the case then there is little that
can be done short of a different headset. There are some more generic
profiles for BT headsets that may work fine, but these are not always
functional on the various equipment.
Anonymous
July 5, 2005 11:51:14 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc.multimedia (More info?)

In contrast to xTenns comments, it doesn't seem like what you want is
possible. For whatever reason it appears that not all sound is routed to the
headset when you pair it with a smartphone. It seems to only route audio to
the BT connection once a call is in progress. That's how it works on both my
MPX220 and my SMT5600. By contrast, if I pair a BT headset with my PPC
(x50v) and connect, everything that would have gone to the speaker goes to
the headset.

--
Sven
MVP - Mobile Devices
"BobL" <BobL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:9D3BF189-D7E9-4CBC-ADED-25D317EA058D@microsoft.com...
> Is there a way to set Windows Mobile Media Player v10 to play through my
> bluetooth earpiece? I have an Audiovox SMT5600
Related resources
Anonymous
July 7, 2005 2:55:41 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc.multimedia (More info?)

"Sven" <sejohannsen@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:o Kw$T1cgFHA.1412@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> In contrast to xTenns comments, it doesn't seem like what you want is
> possible. For whatever reason it appears that not all sound is routed to
> the headset when you pair it with a smartphone. It seems to only route
> audio to the BT connection once a call is in progress. That's how it works
> on both my MPX220 and my SMT5600. By contrast, if I pair a BT headset with
> my PPC (x50v) and connect, everything that would have gone to the speaker
> goes to the headset.
>


True, I was speaking in relation to PPC, not smartphone. Good catch, I
should have deeper.
Anonymous
July 7, 2005 2:55:42 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc.multimedia (More info?)

Interestingly enough I ran across a thing called BlueTune 1.0 on the Modaco
downloads listings. It is supposed to add the ability to hear media player
output off of a smartphone through a BT headset. Some post said it didn't
work on an MPX220, but I don't know what it does work on and haven't tried
it myself. Maybe someone is breaking the code. After 5 years someone finally
is providing the ability to use the memory slots in a PPC as a USB reader
without AS, and they said it couldn't be done.

--
Sven
MVP - Mobile Devices
"xTenn" <xTennREmoveThisPart@tds.net> wrote in message
news:uQila9pgFHA.2896@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>
> "Sven" <sejohannsen@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:o Kw$T1cgFHA.1412@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>> In contrast to xTenns comments, it doesn't seem like what you want is
>> possible. For whatever reason it appears that not all sound is routed to
>> the headset when you pair it with a smartphone. It seems to only route
>> audio to the BT connection once a call is in progress. That's how it
>> works on both my MPX220 and my SMT5600. By contrast, if I pair a BT
>> headset with my PPC (x50v) and connect, everything that would have gone
>> to the speaker goes to the headset.
>>
>
>
> True, I was speaking in relation to PPC, not smartphone. Good catch, I
> should have deeper.
>
>
>
>
Anonymous
August 15, 2005 12:57:50 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc.multimedia (More info?)

Hey peeps:
It's called bluetunes and is indeed avail. on modaco.com. I'm using it on an
Orange SPV550. After activating bluetunes on your phone, you may still have
to press your "take call" button on your headset. If the voice response
screen pops up, deactivate then reactiveate bluetunes. Then it should work
fine.

Also, the sound quality is really fine. I had no quality problems! Look for
a full review on http://www.HomeGear.com

ciao
Ross

"Sven" wrote:

> Interestingly enough I ran across a thing called BlueTune 1.0 on the Modaco
> downloads listings. It is supposed to add the ability to hear media player
> output off of a smartphone through a BT headset. Some post said it didn't
> work on an MPX220, but I don't know what it does work on and haven't tried
> it myself. Maybe someone is breaking the code. After 5 years someone finally
> is providing the ability to use the memory slots in a PPC as a USB reader
> without AS, and they said it couldn't be done.
>
> --
> Sven
> MVP - Mobile Devices
> "xTenn" <xTennREmoveThisPart@tds.net> wrote in message
> news:uQila9pgFHA.2896@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> >
> > "Sven" <sejohannsen@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > news:o Kw$T1cgFHA.1412@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> >> In contrast to xTenns comments, it doesn't seem like what you want is
> >> possible. For whatever reason it appears that not all sound is routed to
> >> the headset when you pair it with a smartphone. It seems to only route
> >> audio to the BT connection once a call is in progress. That's how it
> >> works on both my MPX220 and my SMT5600. By contrast, if I pair a BT
> >> headset with my PPC (x50v) and connect, everything that would have gone
> >> to the speaker goes to the headset.
> >>
> >
> >
> > True, I was speaking in relation to PPC, not smartphone. Good catch, I
> > should have deeper.
> >
> >
> >
> >
>
>
>
!