Your question

My web tattoo removal tool

Tags:
  • Desktops
  • Dell
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
October 7, 2011 3:39:53 PM

I have a Dell 5150 and has a My Web Tattoo desktop christmas image that I cannot get rid of.......it has been on my Desktop for years and I just can't take it anymore! What do I need to do to remove this "pita".......I do not have a My Web Search installed in add/remove programs.....I really do not have most of the items that shows installation of this malware...?? Please help, I would like to get rid of Santa Clause once and for all.........

More about : web tattoo removal tool

October 7, 2011 3:50:21 PM

HeavyK said:
I have a Dell 5150 and has a My Web Tattoo desktop christmas image that I cannot get rid of.......it has been on my Desktop for years and I just can't take it anymore! What do I need to do to remove this "pita".......I do not have a My Web Search installed in add/remove programs.....I really do not have most of the items that shows installation of this malware...?? Please help, I would like to get rid of Santa Clause once and for all.........

Boot into safe mode with networking , right click the icon on desktop and see if you can delete it.

Try downloading fileassassin or unlocker if above doesn't delete.
m
l
October 7, 2011 10:31:21 PM

Thanx ksiem...................I will try that fix and see if it is successful........the pc is at friends house..........I don't have these kinda' probs........the pc didn't show reference to My Web Tattoo's main site..."Fun Land".......is there a tool that exists that will destroy this permanent desktop backround? Lions, Tigers and Bears.............
m
l
October 8, 2011 7:37:13 AM

It can't be removed by changing the settings in display properties ?

If not, something in startup may be setting it.
m
l
!