Solved

No Overclocking feature?

hi guys. im having prob overclocking my new rig. i have a Core 2 Duo E7500 and ECS G41T-M6 mobo. in bios, i can see and enter the Frequency/Voltage Control. i can also see the CPU Frequency set to 266MHz. but the prob is i cant adjust it, i cant highlight it. the only adjustable options are the Auto Detect DIMM/PCI and Spread Spectrum.

im confused cause my old computer has an ECS motherboard aswell with Pentium 4 in it. and i can overclock and mess with it.

is there any way to enable that? like some settings or jumpers?

here's the photo of it. http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/5926/freqvoltagecontrol.jpg
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about overclocking feature
  1. Mobo esc g41 have locked you cannot change muliplier, for performance system just add ram size.
    This better for you
  2. so no overclocking for me? :( i don't understand. cause my old motherboard was cheaper and overclockable.
  3. dude ...
    esc is crap.
    I wouldn't even keep that board.
    you are lucky it powers up.
  4. Best answer
    LOL. I had decent results with some ECS boards, they are cheapo for sure but some are decent and not all are crap. For $20-30 for a mobo you shouldnt ask too much. Spend a little more if you want to overclock.
  5. i should have chose the ASUS P5G41T-M LX at the first place.. the price difference were only $9.
  6. even if it was 50$, there are no pictures here.
    Asus>the rest
  7. yeah i know. but i bought the ECS G41T-M6 for $50. and i thought that it has overclocking abilities cause my OLD ECS motherboard has that overclocking feature. the ASUS P5G41T-M LX was $59.
  8. Best answer selected by chinoroy.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Overclocking ECS