HELP with Monitor

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

Hi,

Just installed Windows XP PRO on a spare PC. Motherboard has a SiS SVGA
adapter (built-in) and I used an (old) IBM G40 monitor. I get video during
boot-up, during XP install, and during SAFE MODE. However, when booting to
"operational" XP... I get video during boot-up and the initial WinXP splash
but, when it blanks to go to XP password screen, screen goes blank and
that's it (til I reboot).

On Win98se, I was able to go to Safe Mode, Control Panel, Device Manager,
Monitor (properties) and update the IBM G40 driver to a STANDARD 1024x768
(monitor).

Anyone have any ideas?? It'd be nice if the MS had working G40 drivers to
start with but I can't even find a work-around with XP. Anyone know where
"real" (MS usable) G40 drivers might be?

Thanks in advance,
Steve

Try Google or drivers.com . . .

Good Luck !