Can i remove win live email programme & get new install without losing all e

Status
Not open for further replies.

spunkee10

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2011
win live email is dead again.
I get this error message the last few days Unable to send or receive messages for the Hotmail (standardpoodles1) account.
Server Error: 0x80072EFD
Server: 'https://mail.services.live.com/DeltaSync_v2.0.0/Sync.aspx'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x80072EFD
previously was another error message.
I have changed all passwords & live email will not d/l etc., any hotmail/live emails.
This has been going on for about 10 days now.
I like live email but this is a pain,so i tried thunderbird-nope want my live email back.
Cannot get any help online & have asked all over the place.
Don't want to lose all my stuff in folders etc.,
anyone got any ideas please?

Solution
actually what was happeneing was, my firewall was being switched off all the time..
so i really checked everything i cud think of & found my internet network was totally different, so i changed it to home network & voila all worked again.
cheers

sam_fisher

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2010
I'm pretty sure all your stuff like emails, calendar entries, notes etc are stored on the Windows Live server/cloud. So you can change your email client (Live mail, Thunderbird, Outlook) without losing all of your data. I went from Windows Live Mail to Outlook 2010 with no worries.

spunkee10

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2011
outlook seems to have to be paid for,i don't use office either so not an option?
i really liked win live but cannot get passed these recent errors & microsoft do not answer any enquiries.

sam_fisher

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2010
Yeah you have to buy Outlook. Mozilla Thunderbird is free, and I'm sure there are plenty of other email clients out there. I get a few errors similar to you though and I'm using Outlook. Might just be Live...

spunkee10

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2011
thanx sam, have just noticed my win firewall keeps turning itself off-or something is doing that.Also checked network & not at all sure its correct.
I wonder if this cud be the problems with live email?

spunkee

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2009
actually what was happeneing was, my firewall was being switched off all the time..
so i really checked everything i cud think of & found my internet network was totally different, so i changed it to home network & voila all worked again.
cheers

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.