Sign in with
Your question

P6T Deluxe won't boot with PCI sound card installed

Last response: in Motherboards
October 24, 2009 12:27:42 PM

Hi,

I'm trying to use my old Creative X-Fi Xtreme Music sound card in my new P6T Deluxe i7 rig. When I put the card in the PCI slot I don't get any video output, at all. I don't even think the system boots, I don't get a beep from the BIOS. The slot is fine, I tried it with an old USB hub card and it worked. The sound card also worked fine on the P4 it came out of. I thought maybe disable the on-board sound before installing the PCI sound card but that didn't work either. Same deal with no boot-up. I've already installed all the latest software and BIOS updates... any ideas?

Cheers
a b V Motherboard
October 25, 2009 10:55:07 PM

Seems pretty obvious that the card is incompatible with some resource that bios or chipset is utilizing. Last thought other than contact Creative is are there any bios settings specific to the PCI bus in your system which can be adjusted to utilize non plug and play devices?
Legacy Pci device for example
October 26, 2009 7:46:26 AM

roonj said:
Seems pretty obvious that the card is incompatible with some resource that bios or chipset is utilizing. Last thought other than contact Creative is are there any bios settings specific to the PCI bus in your system which can be adjusted to utilize non plug and play devices?
Legacy Pci device for example

Hi, yeah there are PCI settings relating to plud 'n play devices. I've tried it and it doesn't work. I've run out of ideas. The sound card is pretty old, from 05 maybe? Still, it's hard to belive it's simply not compatible...
!