Your question
Closed

Corsair Vengeance VS. G.Skill Ripjaws X

Last response: in Overclocking
a b } Memory
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
February 23, 2011 5:18:40 AM

Either kit is good. Just be aware of the height of the Vengeance memory -- it's taller than the Ripjaws X and may cause problems with larger CPU coolers.

I actually have an 8GB kit and a 4GB kit (12GB total) of Ripjaws X DDR3-1600 CL9 in my Sandy Bridge system. It works perfectly, and I don't have to worry about running out of memory any time soon.
Score
a b } Memory
a c 120 à CPUs
a c 183 K Overclocking
February 23, 2011 12:54:58 PM

Corsair is an American company headquartered in California, but all production is in Taiwan.
The only true American made memory company is Mushkin with production facilities in Colorado.
Personally i would also recommend the Gskill which is 41mm tall and compatible with more cpu cooler set-ups.
Score
Related resources
February 23, 2011 2:09:41 PM

davcon said:
Corsair is an American company headquartered in California, but all production is in Taiwan.
The only true American made memory company is Mushkin with production facilities in Colorado.
Personally i would also recommend the Gskill which is 41mm tall and compatible with more cpu cooler set-ups.

I am using Cooler Master's Hyper 212+ cpu cooler with my 2500k.
Would I have any spacial confict with:
1) a set of Vengeance in #1 and 3 slots?
2) a set of Ripjaws X in #1 and 3 slots?
Score
February 23, 2011 2:10:51 PM

Leaps-from-Shadows said:
Either kit is good. Just be aware of the height of the Vengeance memory -- it's taller than the Ripjaws X and may cause problems with larger CPU coolers.

I actually have an 8GB kit and a 4GB kit (12GB total) of Ripjaws X DDR3-1600 CL9 in my Sandy Bridge system. It works perfectly, and I don't have to worry about running out of memory any time soon.

Are ripjaws X spacially compatible with the Hyper 212+ cooler? I have seen them and they looked a lil bit wider in width.. help
Score
a b } Memory
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
February 23, 2011 2:38:56 PM

The Hyper 212 Plus is a very narrow cooler. It likely will not interfere with any RAM slots.

And the RAM should be installed in this way (ignoring how the manufacturer numbers them for now):
Slot 1 (closest to CPU): Empty
Slot 2: RAM stick
Slot 3: Empty
Slot 4: RAM stick

The only time the first and third slots should be used is if you have four RAM sticks.
Score
a b } Memory
a b K Overclocking
February 23, 2011 4:01:48 PM

davcon said:

This is not entirecly accurate.
Score
a b } Memory
a c 120 à CPUs
a c 183 K Overclocking
February 23, 2011 6:24:04 PM

XMSYellowbeard said:
This is not entirecly accurate.

Don't get me started about Corsair. lol!
Score
February 23, 2011 6:47:16 PM

I can confirm that ripjaws work with a hyper 212+, I'd also recommend them.

[Edit]: RAM is slots 2 and 4.
Score
February 24, 2011 3:16:32 AM

Wampbit said:
I can confirm that ripjaws work with a hyper 212+, I'd also recommend them.

[Edit]: RAM is slots 2 and 4.

What if my ram slot #4 is defected and I kinda have to use 1 and 3 for the two rams?
Score
February 24, 2011 3:58:19 AM

Leaps-from-Shadows said:
The Hyper 212 Plus is a very narrow cooler. It likely will not interfere with any RAM slots.

And the RAM should be installed in this way (ignoring how the manufacturer numbers them for now):
Slot 1 (closest to CPU): Empty
Slot 2: RAM stick
Slot 3: Empty
Slot 4: RAM stick

The only time the first and third slots should be used is if you have four RAM sticks.

My ramslot #4 is defected... so I think I have to use #1 and 3..would the #1 ram cause a problem with the 212+?
can I just use #1and 3?
Score
a b } Memory
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
February 24, 2011 7:12:05 AM

Hopefully soon it won't matter. Manufacturers are announcing that they'll have fixed boards available next week.
Score
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
February 24, 2011 5:33:00 PM

davcon said:
Don't get me started about Corsair. lol!

LOL! I have never had luck with any of the Corsair memory I have bought, and dont get me started on the customer service.
Corsair is a bunch of stuck up arrogant A**h***s who wont admit when they are wrong. when they are told by a customer, who reports an error on their web site, and because of the error they purchase the wrong memory. Guess what? Corsair wont rma the memory because the memory isnt defective. :fou: 

Sorry, personal experience. :lol: 

I use GSkill and have never had any compatibility issues or bad modules, go with the GSkill.

Oh, and there isnt a single product sold that is strictly produced in the US, everything has at least one component that has been produced in another country. Sucks, but its true.
Score
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
February 24, 2011 5:35:09 PM

The GSkill will fit under a Hyper212+, I think and actually I will be installing 8gigs in a rig with a Hyper212+ tonight so I will post back and let you know if they do fit.
Score
April 18, 2011 7:56:22 AM

d1rtyju1c3 said:
The GSkill will fit under a Hyper212+, I think and actually I will be installing 8gigs in a rig with a Hyper212+ tonight so I will post back and let you know if they do fit.

Did it fit? Because I'm only using 1 and 2 Memory slot, don't have 3 and 4 :) 
Score
a b } Memory
a c 120 à CPUs
a c 183 K Overclocking
April 18, 2011 1:04:47 PM

It will fit i have Ripjaws and a 212+ in one of my rigs.
With all dimms filled(module closest to socket) you may have to slide the fan up a couple of mm.
Score
April 18, 2011 1:39:27 PM

Corsair Vengeance is really high. I found it too much and had to remove the heatsink off one of the dimms!

I'm running 2x4gb Vengeance under a Gelid Cooler, but I had to go to slots 2 + 4 on the mobo for room.

By the way, does anyone know if having 4 x 4gb DIMMS of RAM in a mobo would compromise speed in anyway over dual channel 2 x 4gb DIMMS?

That seems like a silly question I know but I was thinking of combining my 2 vengeance modules with 2 of the G Skill Ripjaw X (4GB) modules, but I have read that some people have noticed slower performance.

Score
a b } Memory
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
April 18, 2011 9:45:51 PM

I don't have 4x4GB RAM, but I have one 2x4GB kit and one 2x2GB kit (12GB total) and didn't notice any slowdown from doing some independent testing with only the 2x4GB kit installed. I didn't do anything formal though. This is on a dual-channel P67 mainboard with an overclocked 2500K processor.
Score
!