Corsair Vengeance VS. G.Skill Ripjaws X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Either kit is good. Just be aware of the height of the Vengeance memory -- it's taller than the Ripjaws X and may cause problems with larger CPU coolers.

I actually have an 8GB kit and a 4GB kit (12GB total) of Ripjaws X DDR3-1600 CL9 in my Sandy Bridge system. It works perfectly, and I don't have to worry about running out of memory any time soon.

Corsair is an American company headquartered in California, but all production is in Taiwan.
The only true American made memory company is Mushkin with production facilities in Colorado.
Personally i would also recommend the Gskill which is 41mm tall and compatible with more cpu cooler set-ups.

yh1169

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2011

I am using Cooler Master's Hyper 212+ cpu cooler with my 2500k.
Would I have any spacial confict with:
1) a set of Vengeance in #1 and 3 slots?
2) a set of Ripjaws X in #1 and 3 slots?

yh1169

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2011

Are ripjaws X spacially compatible with the Hyper 212+ cooler? I have seen them and they looked a lil bit wider in width.. help

The Hyper 212 Plus is a very narrow cooler. It likely will not interfere with any RAM slots.

And the RAM should be installed in this way (ignoring how the manufacturer numbers them for now):
Slot 1 (closest to CPU): Empty
Slot 2: RAM stick
Slot 3: Empty
Slot 4: RAM stick

The only time the first and third slots should be used is if you have four RAM sticks.

XMSYellowbeard

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2006

This is not entirecly accurate.

yh1169

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2011

What if my ram slot #4 is defected and I kinda have to use 1 and 3 for the two rams?

yh1169

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2011

My ramslot #4 is defected... so I think I have to use #1 and 3..would the #1 ram cause a problem with the 212+?
can I just use #1and 3?

d1rtyju1c3

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2010

LOL! I have never had luck with any of the Corsair memory I have bought, and dont get me started on the customer service.
Corsair is a bunch of stuck up arrogant A**h***s who wont admit when they are wrong. when they are told by a customer, who reports an error on their web site, and because of the error they purchase the wrong memory. Guess what? Corsair wont rma the memory because the memory isnt defective. :fou:

Sorry, personal experience. :lol:

I use GSkill and have never had any compatibility issues or bad modules, go with the GSkill.

Oh, and there isnt a single product sold that is strictly produced in the US, everything has at least one component that has been produced in another country. Sucks, but its true.

amras123

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011

Did it fit? Because I'm only using 1 and 2 Memory slot, don't have 3 and 4 :)

milby

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
Corsair Vengeance is really high. I found it too much and had to remove the heatsink off one of the dimms!

I'm running 2x4gb Vengeance under a Gelid Cooler, but I had to go to slots 2 + 4 on the mobo for room.

By the way, does anyone know if having 4 x 4gb DIMMS of RAM in a mobo would compromise speed in anyway over dual channel 2 x 4gb DIMMS?

That seems like a silly question I know but I was thinking of combining my 2 vengeance modules with 2 of the G Skill Ripjaw X (4GB) modules, but I have read that some people have noticed slower performance.

I don't have 4x4GB RAM, but I have one 2x4GB kit and one 2x2GB kit (12GB total) and didn't notice any slowdown from doing some independent testing with only the 2x4GB kit installed. I didn't do anything formal though. This is on a dual-channel P67 mainboard with an overclocked 2500K processor.

Status
Not open for further replies.