DirectTV Install Question

Tags:
  • TV
  • Cable
  • HD
  • Components
Last response: in Components
August 8, 2009 7:26:43 PM

In the coming weeks I will be getting DirectTV to replace my present cable tv service.
My present setup has cable connected to my DVR and into my HDTV. I have a splitter that goes to my bedroom to watch regular stations.
I would like to know if this setup is possible again when I switch to DirectTV.
To be more specific, Once DirectTV is installed to my to HDTV with HD Receiver and HD DVR can I add a splitter like with cable and run a coax cable from my directtv hd receiver up to my bedroom tv for reception of standard stations without me renting an additional receiver?
Thank you in advance,
Richard
rm289b@cox.net

More about : directtv install question

August 8, 2009 7:43:56 PM

you can install a splitter, but you will only be able to watch what is on the main tv.
m
l
August 8, 2009 7:53:25 PM

Thank you for the quick reply. Looks like I will have to rent a DirectTV Receiver after all. Apparently, it only works this way with cable tv.
m
l
Related resources
August 8, 2009 9:46:01 PM

Sorry, not sure what you mean. Buy what on CL(?) or Ebay?
m
l
August 9, 2009 6:04:20 PM

a lot of ppl never return their direct tv receiver boxes .. So check craigslist.com or ebay to just buy one outright and probably at a big discount. Im not saying do it because I have never tried that and unsure if the boxes need to be registered to work or what not, however that is what he was referring to.
m
l
November 15, 2010 10:45:19 PM

If you have question regarding DirecTV installation, I think its best to hit the official manual that came with it.
If you lost your manual you can download a FREE PDF manual. :bounce:  :bounce:  :bounce: 

DIRECTV seems to be getting a lot of negative press lately and perhaps its time to compare satellite TV providers.

Satellite TV is Voted #1 for 2010 See Why: Compare Satellite TV Providers & Save!
Quote:
"Did I Do That"--Steven Q. Urkel
m
l
!