Sign in with
Your question

Won't boot up after mobo removal for cooling fan install

Last response: in Motherboards
October 24, 2009 7:54:54 PM

Hi guys....I just had to take out my new asus pt6 mobo to install a cpu fan (the mounting screws had to be installed through the back of the board ofcourse) and now with all back together, it won't boot, I'm guessing maybe a windows xp reintro so to speak?.............I really don't know and could use a pointer on this...........THANKS.."K"
a b V Motherboard
October 25, 2009 10:07:10 PM

Need more information as to won't boot,
No video nothing or
Video comes on or
Trys to boot and quits
Installing a fan would have no effect to windows
Removing the board would cause Cmos/Bios to reset
Recommend reset bios to proper settings, check all connections for proper hookup.
If all these things were done pull board and breadboard system.
m
l
October 25, 2009 11:51:26 PM

It was my mistake................I'm running a TH2G setup for flight simming along with a fourth smaller screen for gps ........this screen is my default screen until all boots up. What I did'nt notice was that this screen was OFF after I went to boot up after the mobo removal. I finally did notice it was off, turned it on, and there was the messges from windows asking me if I wanted to boot normal/default. I guess this is what happens after you disconnect a component and re-connect. After selecting default boot, everything lit up and took off. ( I learned).......anyway this site is great, and I sincerely appreciate your kind response in trying to help me......I was at a standstill.......all is good so far, and it's good to know there are knowledgeable people out there if we need them...........THANK YOU AGAIN!
m
l
!