Whoops, screwed up pregnancy in a most interesting way...

I have the live-in maids/janitor/babysitter hack in my game and I love
it.
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?s=026fa8e908a02f9a4ef4af014f0a4fde&t=25557&page=1&pp=25
The download also has the dma teleporter, which looks like the burglar
alarm, only it's yellow. It allows instant visitors, and some other
cheats, such as instant "fitness" or "fatness."

I tried the fitness on one Sim family just out of curiosity. One of the
Sims in that family is pregnant.

Suddenly she's thin (didn't think it would work on her till she gave
birth) and able to wear regular clothes, but she still walks with a
waddle. Furthermore, the dma teleporter indicates she's still pregnant,
even though she's now gone well beyond her allotted three days, and she
can no longer get "Try for Baby" options, so the game thinks she's
pregnant too. But she hasn't given birth.

Anyone know how to either make her "unpregnant" or force delivery of the
bulge-less baby she's carrying?

--
--Cuth
8 answers Last reply

    Cuthbert Gurdlestone <chgurdlestone1154@earthlink.net> wrote in

    > Anyone know how to either make her "unpregnant" or force delivery
    > of the bulge-less baby she's carrying?

    Move her to another lot - but beware, the second you move in, she will
    probably deliver! Be prepared to pause and then move her back into her
    original family if that's what you want to do. You could also try the
    Tombstone of life and death, "speed up pregnancy" - but if the
    pregnancy is already past 3 days that probably won't work.

    --
    ---->Sagittaria<----

    "We appear to be hardwired to punish those who have slighted us, even
    if - and this is the counterintuitive bit - even if our acts of
    vengeance hurt us more than those who have trespassed against us."
    -Peter Watts [based on http://snipurl.com/e0s6]

    >Cuthbert Gurdlestone <chgurdlestone1154@earthlink.net> wrote in
    >
    >> Anyone know how to either make her "unpregnant" or force delivery
    >> of the bulge-less baby she's carrying?

    Happened to one of mine, I had to use SimPe to change her body shape
    to pregnant full, she delivered next time I loaded the game

    Sagittaria wrote:
    > Cuthbert Gurdlestone <chgurdlestone1154@earthlink.net> wrote in
    >

    >>Anyone know how to either make her "unpregnant" or force delivery
    >>of the bulge-less baby she's carrying?
    >>

    > Move her to another lot - but beware, the second you move in, she will
    > probably deliver!

    Do you mean move her as in she finds a new place to live in the paper or
    computer and then just goes, has the child, and then we reverse the process?

    --
    --Cuth

    Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:
    > Sagittaria wrote:

    >> Move her to another lot - but beware, the second you move in, she will
    >> probably deliver!
    >

    > Do you mean move her as in she finds a new place to live in the paper or
    > computer and then just goes, has the child, and then we reverse the
    > process?

    Well, I tried it. A most interesting and bizarre situation developed.
    I am not making this up.

    Yes, she gave birth immediately upon hitting the new lot. I then
    returned to the old lot and went about trying to move her back in.

    I thought I'd try the very dma transporter that screwed things up in the
    first place. I chose to teleport her back to her original lot. By
    accident, the first time I clicked the teleporter I chose the daughter
    instead, and so wound up transporting her back as well, even though she
    was already on the lot. Hmmm...twin daughters? This could be a
    problem. I decided to find the "double" and have some resident Sim ask
    her to leave as soon as possible to avoid any confusion.

    There was a problem, but it wasn't what I expected. It couldn't
    possibly be what anyone expected. Weird doesn't begin to cover it.
    Grab some milk and cookies; it's storytime.

    The mother and daughter showed up. A little message box appeared that
    said "Hello!" for both of them.

    But I didn't see them walk into the house. I did a search of the lot
    and found them, each on one side of the sidewalk at the edge, lying on
    the ground. I thought they'd both passed out from exhaustion even
    though neither has in the red previously.

    Looking at them more closely, however, I saw that they weren't lying
    down in the normal pose. Their arms were outstretched and wiggling.
    Their fingers were curling. And THEY WERE MAKING BABY NOISES.

    Somehow--don't ask--the game thought both were babies. They were adult
    and teen-skinned females lying on the sidewalk like abandoned infants,
    crying and squriming.

    I kid you not. I kept waiting for the Twilight Zone theme.

    If that weren't weird enough (and it was definitely weird enough), at
    that moment all the live-in staff (the maid, housekeeper and janitor)
    walked up to the resident Sims, shook their hands, and walked out the
    front door, never to be seen again.

    I called them back on the phone and rehired them, but since this whole
    situation was just too weird, I decided to quit without saving.

    So now I have to persuade the mother to come back to the family the
    normal way. And since she and hubby just had a falling out during her
    pregnancy because hubby was banging Bella Goth, this won't be easy.

    Sigh.......

    --
    --Cuth

    > Sagittaria wrote:
    >> Cuthbert Gurdlestone <chgurdlestone1154@earthlink.net> wrote in
    >>

    >>>Anyone know how to either make her "unpregnant" or force delivery
    >>>of the bulge-less baby she's carrying?
    >>>

    >> Move her to another lot - but beware, the second you move in, she
    >> will probably deliver!
    >
    > Do you mean move her as in she finds a new place to live in the
    > paper or computer and then just goes, has the child, and then we
    > reverse the process?

    Yes, that's what I meant. PITA I know. Although with University, one
    change is that unhoused people can move in with anyone, even
    strangers. Weird, but makes things easier sometimes.

    --

    Sagittaria wrote:

    > Yes, that's what I meant. PITA I know. Although with University, one
    > change is that unhoused people can move in with anyone, even
    > strangers. Weird, but makes things easier sometimes.

    Oh man, I like that!

    I still haven't been able to move her back in. I've invited her over
    repeatedly and she's done just about everything with her hubby, yet when
    he tries the really intimate things like serious smooching or hot tub
    kissing or serious flirting she pushes him away and he suffers
    rejection. Since "being rejected for flirt" or some such is frequently
    in his list of fears, this results in a total breakdown and the doc has
    to come down from the sky to restore him. She has gone as far as stayed
    the night, but will not move in yet.

    --
    --Cuth

    > Sagittaria wrote:
    >
    >> Yes, that's what I meant. PITA I know. Although with University,
    >> one change is that unhoused people can move in with anyone, even
    >> strangers. Weird, but makes things easier sometimes.
    >
    > Oh man, I like that!
    >
    > I still haven't been able to move her back in. I've invited her
    > over repeatedly and she's done just about everything with her
    > hubby, yet when he tries the really intimate things like serious
    > smooching or hot tub kissing or serious flirting she pushes him
    > away and he suffers rejection. Since "being rejected for flirt"
    > or some such is frequently in his list of fears, this results in a
    > total breakdown and the doc has to come down from the sky to
    > restore him. She has gone as far as stayed the night, but will
    > not move in yet.

    Any others who could move in, then invite her to move in? I made a
    teen child grow to adult for just that purpose once.

    --
    ---->Sagittaria<----

    "We appear to be hardwired to punish those who have slighted us, even
    if - and this is the counterintuitive bit - even if our acts of
    vengeance hurt us more than those who have trespassed against us."
    -Peter Watts [based on http://snipurl.com/e0s6]

    Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:
    > Sagittaria wrote:
    >
    >> Yes, that's what I meant. PITA I know. Although with University, one
    >> change is that unhoused people can move in with anyone, even
    >> strangers. Weird, but makes things easier sometimes.
    >
    > Oh man, I like that!
    >
    > I still haven't been able to move her back in. I've invited her over
    > repeatedly and she's done just about everything with her hubby, yet
    > when he tries the really intimate things like serious smooching or
    > hot tub kissing or serious flirting she pushes him away and he suffers
    > rejection. Since "being rejected for flirt" or some such is
    > frequently in his list of fears, this results in a total breakdown
    > and the doc has to come down from the sky to restore him. She has
    > gone as far as stayed the night, but will not move in yet.

    Use that teleport shrub to summon her and move her in.

    Jeanie

Sims Games Video Games