Solved

Maxing Metro 2033

I want to max out Metro 2033 @1920x1080 (this includes PhysX and MSAA x4)
I want to average 60 FPS with my low being ~40 (I know some parts of the game can really destroy FPS but they don't count)

I currently have a 750W PSU so I know I will have to upgrade this, and I have one GTX 580, I can OC to 850/1700/2098 and stay ~80C at load in-game.

CPU: Phenom x4 965 BE @stock (can up to ~3.8GHz)
RAM: 4GBs @1600 (can up to 1800)

I would think another 580 would achieve this goal but I think I would have to down the OC with 2 in my rig.
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about maxing metro 2033
  1. What case, your temps will go up on everything
  2. your gonna spend another 500bucks so you can max out metro 2033? if so go with another GTX 580, it should be able to max it out...But if you need a bigger pwr supply that's another $100-$150 a total of $650 plus tax..But that's probably the only game i can think of that you need that much to run a game...Even the new Crysis 2 isnt as demanding now as it was before...honestly i don't know if i'd spend another 500 just so i can max out metro 2033...it's not even that good of a game..it looks nice but that's about it...
  3. Bigmac80 said:
    your gonna spend another 500bucks so you can max out metro 2033? if so go with another GTX 580, it should be able to max it out...But if you need a bigger pwr supply that's another $100-$150 a total of $650 plus tax..But that's probably the only game i can think of that you need that much to run a game...Even the new Crysis 2 isnt as demanding now as it was before...honestly i don't know if i'd spend another 500 just so i can max out metro 2033...it's not even that good of a game..it looks nice but that's about it...

I really do like it, but I was just looking for a round estimate for my gain with a second 580 (I realize I can run everything at max everywhere else)
    And of course Crysis 2 is easier to run, I would sure hope they figured out how to make a better game after the first one...

joelmartinez said:
    What case, your temps will go up on everything

Hades NZXT, mid sized thus an increase of heat for sure.
  4. Best answer
    Might want to upgrade case fans and max them out so you can overclock the 580s without worrying about temps too much
  5. joelmartinez said:
    Might want to upgrade case fans and max them out so you can overclock the 580s without worrying about temps too much

I suppose so, but I might wait for a case change for my next build then I can hopefully get (if they're out) an Ivy Bridge CPU.
  6. sounds good, I think the rv03 is coming soon
  7. The phenom 2 will definitely bottleneck your gtx 580s if you get them.So Ivy Bridge or Sandybridge/Bulldozer would be your best bet.
  8. Best answer selected by sowexly.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards FPS Overclocking