Video for sony Vaio

bugsworld85

Distinguished
May 26, 2009
i want to upgrade the video card of this sony vaio computer into something that has SM3. is possible? suggest some video cards that will make my sony vaio remarkable.

sony vaio specs:

motherboard : asus p4sd-vx
processor : pentium 4 3.0 ghz
ram : 256 ram

please help me....

pigpicking

Distinguished
May 27, 2009
well u could go a lil higher than the board itself but not much with only 256 of ram. get 2gb of ram then ull be talking new g card. the card ull be looking for then is probly a nice 3870 or higher in ati or if nvidia then go 9600gt or higher.... the board might actually be a good thing to look for because they dont even make those anymore. =) but the processor is doing u fine =)

bugsworld85

Distinguished
May 26, 2009
i think the motherboard is only compatible with an AGP Video card. i was also thinking maybe an "inno3d 8500 256mb 128bit" would do well with this board. but i need a confirmation if its ok to upgrade it to that kind of video card.
i really need your help... and thanks for your replies. i really appreciate it.
thank you...

bugsworld85

Distinguished
May 26, 2009
boudy, thank you very much for your reply. ok, i'll what you suggested me. do i need to be choosy when it comes to brand? can you suggest any?

thank you very much in advance. ;) :p :D

boudy

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2009
Hmmm, the recurring "brand question". Well, at this point there is no need to be picky about the brand. However, do not buy a unknown brand when there is a perfectly good brand just sitting there.
Brands like EVGA, XFX, PNY, BFG, ASUS, and MSI have pretty good reputations.

bugsworld85

Distinguished
May 26, 2009
boudy, to tell you the truth i still have problems with that sony vaio computer... tomorrow Monday morning were going to buy an inno3d 8500gt. but i am afraid of something that this computer would not recognize it right away... bcoz i have experiences of other computers, that everytime I put new card, bugs just keep coming on and i have to format the computer first before it can properly work. now the real problem is, i can not format this sony vaio computer bcoz the vaio recovery wizard just wont recognize the computer as a sony vaio computer anymore. i dont know whats going on. and this is the reason why i am so damn afraid of installing it with a new card. the sony vaio recovery files where lost. and it takes time ordering from their website. the computer cannot burn discs anymore bcoz of the error message prompt "this is not a sony vaio computer". its really frustrating you know. i tried system recovery options but still the problem is still consistent.
i am very much glad and thankful for your kindness of answering my questions.
thank you very very much... you dont know how greatful i am...