andrewtrecroce

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2009
i have the Ga ma790x ud4p (mobo) and just hooked everything up. though i have one problem i couldnt seem to get the sound working. i have the haf 932 pluged in the hd audio into the motherboard but still couldnt seem to get it to work. could use some help. thank you

lott11

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009
Well if there is no out put from the internal audio to rear port it is more then likely do to drivers.
Did you check the device manager if all the drivers are installed.
If you have any that are in yellow click on it then when the tab comes up go to driver, then update drivers, next load the drivers CD that came with your MOBO, and next just click on the tab update driver.
Click on yes the first one let it search for the driver, it will take a few min then it shows the driver click OK then it will do this 3 times let it finish, some times it has to load the HD drivers, and then the console software to be loaded and installed, one's that is done just reboot.
That is it, your are done.
If the problem is the front out puts you have 2 options if HD audio or analog, for this you first have to look at the BIOS, why ?, to see what audio device was enable to front outputs, on some towers you can only use analog devices only.
And the plug to the front output is wire different to that of HD audio output.
So 1. look at your tower 2. look at you BIOS 3. check the wire that goes to you front output.
There are 2 ways of wiring the front output, in the book there is a pin out of the front plug and how to wire it.
Just because you can plug it in does not mean it will work, you have to make sure it is wire correctly.
And first and most of all, if it is not working on plug the front plug from the MOBO and test the audio in the rear if it works now, the front plug is wire up wrong that is the quickest way of knowing if the front plug is the problem.
In most of the cases the front plug dose not match the BIOS.
And in some towers the front plug are damaged, they stay in a open position, there by no audio or mike to any of the outputs.
Hope this help's.

roonj

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2009
Hi, I have the same motherboard, in control panel select Realtek hd audio, this will open imediately to identify your output source. Mine is set for speakers as I dont have any HD accessory for digital output. I don't have or know what a (haf 932) is but I'll assume it's a digital device. If so select the digital output in Realtek HD audio and enable it. This is just in case lott11's very accurate info isn't the source of your issue.