Tags:
  • Wireless
  • Laptops
  • Security
  • Computers
  • Wireless Networking
Last response: in Wireless Networking
December 23, 2009 10:17:46 PM

I JUST GOT A NEW LAPTOP FOR CHRISTMAS AND IT IS ASKING FOR A NETWORK KEY HOW DO I GET ONE

More about : network security key wireless computer

December 23, 2009 10:50:42 PM

The wireless key is in your router. If you do not know it, you will have to call the ISP that gave you the router to get it.
Score
January 2, 2010 5:18:46 PM

the ISP won't be dealing with his router.. ISPs normally just hand out modems. If it is indeed your own wireless router you are trying to get on sir, ask the person that set it up like your parents for instance. If they don't know then it will get a bit touchier and harder for ya. Grats on the laptop!
Score
Related resources
January 2, 2010 10:57:35 PM

I did assume if he didn't know it, then it wasn't a router he bought and came from the ISP.
Score
January 3, 2010 3:52:19 PM

goto the website of your router.

mine is a trendnet, and i can get into it via typing 192.168.2.5 on firefox. its the 4th device on my router hence the .5; as it could be .1 or any other ip.

trendnet uses the default user-name / password admin/admin some routers use 1234, or 0123. this always should be changed. if it does not have the default password. your need to reset it. as always goto the makers website and get the exact details.
Score
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
a b D Laptop
a b 8 Security
February 2, 2010 4:30:37 AM

Need to find my network security key
Score
!