Sign in with
Your question

What Quarter is best to build a new system

Last response: in CPUs
August 9, 2009 4:52:30 PM

It is that time again for me to update my system, and i was wondering which Quarter is best to do it in? The last last time i built my system new stuff was out in like 1 or 2 moths afterwords. If i could get some feedback that would be great.

More about : quarter build system

August 9, 2009 4:57:31 PM

I don't target a specific quarter, I always just buy when I need. However, this is a great question! Are there some post-Christmas specials? Or is before Christmas where the action is? Or perhaps it's in the summer!

Anyone have insight into this?
a b à CPUs
August 9, 2009 5:15:46 PM

New stuff will always be out a couple months after. If you want the best, and longest lasting upgrade get i7, anything else is alreeady old, and out dated.
Related resources
August 9, 2009 5:22:06 PM

Q4 2008 for a big budget was the best time to buy TBH, or if you're talking about in the future on the same kind of budget then Q2 2010 is nearly as good since the i9's are released.

on a mainstream budget, Q4 2009 or Q1 2010 is the best time to buy as this is when the 1156 CPU's are released.
a b à CPUs
August 9, 2009 5:30:30 PM

If you're looking strictly for prices, then i think the post Thanksgiving to Christmas period usually has some great deals. After Christmas sell offs usually have great deals also. So late 4th quarter and 1st quarter. If you're looking at upgraded technology then the Intel LGA1156 P55 along with the i5/i7 CPUs, ATI 5850/5870(RV870), DX11, SATA6, USB3, should... that's should with a question mark be available along about 1st quarter 2010. Like daship said though, there's always something new coming out.
a b à CPUs
August 9, 2009 5:53:15 PM

I like the post christmas deals, I like Q1. However I find every year there are some incredible deals leading up to and during the black friday season that I can rarely take advantage of because I am to busy buying for others.

I say sock some money away for yourself for this coming holiday season. That's what I am gonna try to do!
August 9, 2009 6:13:54 PM

I like Winter deals and discounts , but it doesn't metter really as long as the components you want to buy are out and have good price.
!