Solved

What After market Heatsink will work on this: ASUS M4A89TD

I finished my custom build, and wanted to start OCing my AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition Thuban 3.2GHz.
So i started looking into non stock heatsinks but realized that my motherboard (ASUS M4A89TD) has a very narrow space for the heatsink, its kinda stuck between the RAM and the chipsets heatsink.

So does anyone know of a heatsink that will fit, or does anyone have this motherboard and has a good heatsink thats working for them?
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about what market heatsink work this asus m4a89td
  1. Consider this to be a suggestion that is just "thrown out" there, in that you did not specify the case you are using, nor the type of ram. However, Noctua has a very good quality cooler that will fit your motherboard - and again, I must guess a little here as you did not mention which version of the board you have, e.g. Pro, or, Pro/usb.
    The Noctua NH-C12P SE14 is compatible with your board, depending of course upon the above mentioned variables. It is a little pricey but good stuff always is. It can be found here at Newegg for $75.

When you get a chance perhaps you could fill in your system configuration in your profile so that in the future it will be easier for us to help.
  2. Oh sorry it would be a good idea to put my specs up. Here they are:

ill give you the newegg numbers also that way you can see it for yourself.

CPU:AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition Thuban 3.2GHz (N82E16819103849)
    MOBO:ASUS M4A89TD PRO/USB3 (N82E16813131655)
    RAM:G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) (N82E16820231277)
    Case:COOLER MASTER HAF 922 (N82E16811119197)
    PSU:CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX 850W (N82E16817139009)

Price doesnt really mater, but i do want the biggest, and one that has the most cooling power.

Is there anything else you need?
  3. Best answer
    Precision690FAN said:
    Price doesnt really mater, but i do want the biggest, and one that has the most cooling power.
    ...A man who thinks as I do :)
    Well, then, do what I did and get one of these, a Noctua NH-D14. It's huge, meaty, and It's the highest quality. It comes with fans that are among the best in the business, and are very quiet: I don't use the low-noise adapter which slows the fan from 1200RPM to 900RPM and I still can't hear it but some people say they can.
    I already checked the Noctua site and it fits your motherboard (thanks for the specs and Newegg number - very thoughtful! Also, your ram will clear it just fine, and you certainly have the case for it!
    You will love it!
  4. Cool sweet! and that was the exact one I was thinking of getting.
    Thanks man! I think this thread has a best answer.

Thanks for all the help, now its time for some OverClocking!!
  5. Best answer selected by precision690FAN.
Ask a new question

Read More

Heatsinks Asus Motherboards Overclocking Product