Sign in with
Your question

My WD Passport Essential SE 1 TB wont work!! :((

Last response: in Storage
December 25, 2010 9:56:11 AM

ok.....heres the thing...i have had this hard drive since abt a year ago...so warranty is done.....no more warranty.
today "someone" was carrying it around n tht sum1 dropped it....(i swear by god it wasnt me) n nw wen i plug it in i cant see it on my pc....n wen i take it up to my ear i hear a sound like voooo...tu......voooo...tu o_O i think the disk inside it is going arnd then stuck....then start back gain n then stuck....i've tried it with both my laptops......n btw the lil led light on the front is lit up but it still wont work....n i also noticed tht after a few mins...i cant hear any noise wen i put it upto my ear.
n im willing to go to a authorised service centre (in my country) n pay for it to be fixed... n i live in Egypt...actually im jst studying here...plz help!!

its a Western Digital My Passport Essential SE 1TB n i have 800GB+ of stuff in it...tht i rllly rllly rlly dnt want to lose....n i guess if i cant get the hard fixed...or if i have to format it to get it fixed....i guess i will have to take it to a data recovery place...as tht it has as i said a lot of important stuff in it....stuff i dnt wanna lose no matter what...help me guys!! u always do!!

December 25, 2010 11:14:33 AM

If it was dropped and now your PC won't recognize it the drive is most likely dead. If that is true the only option to recover your data will probably cost you a bit of money.

Lesson of the day - Don't let others handle your expensive/important technology....
m
l
December 25, 2010 1:49:18 PM

i tht "sum1" said tht he didnt drop it......he jst accidntly tuggd on the usb cable......as in it was plugged into my lap....n he took the lap n movesd it to my room...while he was carying it, its slid of the keyboard n hanged it self a bit....thts jst it....n i knw tht he never lies....so im prtty sure thts wat happnd.....
m
l
Related resources
a b G Storage
December 25, 2010 7:19:10 PM

Haan said:
i tht "sum1" said tht he didnt drop it......he jst accidntly tuggd on the usb cable......as in it was plugged into my lap....n he took the lap n movesd it to my room...while he was carying it, its slid of the keyboard n hanged it self a bit....thts jst it....n i knw tht he never lies....so im prtty sure thts wat happnd.....

That explenation does not alter what poisonpanik said.
The drive is dead and will be VERY expensive to recover the data.
m
l
January 1, 2011 8:47:14 AM

Jonmor68 said:
That explenation does not alter what poisonpanik said.
The drive is dead and will be VERY expensive to recover the data.

NOOOO!!!!!!!!!! :'(  u sure? if so how much of green r we talkin abt?
m
l
a b G Storage
January 1, 2011 6:28:49 PM

Hundreds and maybe even a couple of grand.
m
l
January 1, 2011 7:43:19 PM

Jonmor68 said:
Hundreds and maybe even a couple of grand.

*drops dead*
m
l
November 25, 2011 11:44:30 PM

It happened to me.I'm a DJ and was in the middle of transferring my files to another hard drive.The original tipped over and the humming noise began....cheapest quote(just to recover the music) $1500.00!ALWAYS BACK YOU SH*T UP!!!
m
l
!