vasinger

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2011
Hi!

Fist of all, sorry for my English language skill.

So, I have this setup:
AMD Phenom II x2-> Phenom II x4 B55 (3.2 GHz)
Asus M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3 latest BIOS
2x2 GB Kingmax 1600 CL9 1.5 V Nano gaming memory DDR3

So, I bought this processor as pre-tested. It ran in Asrock A780GXH/12 motherboard at 3850 MHz with 1.4 V vcore (by cpu-Z load) and 1.25 V CPU-NB voltage.

But in my configuration doesn't want to run stable this settings. 3rd or 4th core has error in the first few seconds during Prime 95 test. I set the same settings in my bios as I wrote above in Asrock motherboard.
I set my memory to 1333 MHz CL9 1.5 V I increased the memory vid voltage also, but it didn't work. (This memory compatible with this mb. I'm sure, because my friend has same configuration)

I tried 19x200 and 16x238 settings, but neither of them work.

What should I do? I didn't set any thing in BIOS except to Vcore, NB-CPU voltage, multipler and FSB.

I'm totaly desperate about this, please help! :(

Thanks!

Hi and welcome to Tom's forum.

1- Wher are your from?
2- Those settings will never work with your rig, the mobo is different so, the performance is totally different.
3- I suggest you change one setting at time, with that you can know if the settins is the correct or not.

Set RAM and CPU to "Auto", after that try to unlock 3rd and 4th core, DON'T overclock it yet. Go to Windows and run the stability test for 2 hours or more.

If you don't get it stable, the problem are the unlocked cores.

vasinger

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2011
1- I'm from Hungary. Why? Is very bad my English skill?
2- I see, but I think my mobo is better than Asrock. Asus has 8+2 phases while Ascrock only 5 without fet cooling.
3- It's okay, I also do this everytime.

I already test on reference clock, it's okay. Only problem is the overclocking.

I'm from Columbia.

Good cooler, unclock core and do the stability test. After that star to rise the CPU frequency and test stability again. Always keep your eyes on temps, use HWMonitor or coretemp for do that, the unclocked cores don't show temps.

vasinger

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2011
I understand your first part of your comment, but I don't understand this:
"use HWMonitor or coretemp for do that, the unclocked cores don't show temps. "

When you unlock cores of your CPU won't show temps nowhere. So I don't see core temps, only CPU temp which not really gives really true information.

I mean, you can't see the temps of unlocked cores, just of cores that comes by default from manufacturer.

Hw monitor a szoftvert, hogy hőmérséklet minden rendszer a szokásos körülmények között vagy borítani, de nem ismeri fel a processzor hőmérséklete, ami kinyit mag.
például kinyit alapvető X2 X4, valamint ez a szoftver nem ismeri fel a megfelelő hőmérsékletet újra. aka kaotikus

remélhetőleg képes megérteni és segíteni, de nem vagyok a magyar embereket.

vasinger

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2011

Could you write in English please? I would understand you better.

So i may understand you, but I'm not exactly clear in this. If i unlock cores, I won't see the temperature, so If I fail in overclocking for the sake of temperatures which I don't see? Or I see wrong?

Correct, you won't see the temperature of those unlocked cores, regarding the temp you can keep your eyes in the other cores and general CPU temp that is more important.

vasinger

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2011

Yeah. But I think Mugen 2 has to enough for Phenom II x4. So I touch the cooler under Prime test, and it's just warm or rather cool.