Solved

Overclocking

what is the hardware requirement for the overclocking???can i overclock with only two memory slots??or i need to have two more memory slots???can anyone tell????
14 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about overclocking
  1. Best answer
    I think it would be easier if you state what hardware you have/are thinking of using and we can tell you if it will be ok.

I dont believe 2 memory slots will limit your overclocking, but I can imagine the board itself will be that great...I could be wrong, which board is it?
  2. 1- Hardware requirement? Your rig, nothing more.
    2- Yeah, you can overclock with two RAM slots.
  3. i have not decided yet but these are the probables:

MSI 760GM-P33
    ASUS M4N68T-M V2
  4. Ram has nothing to do with ocing you cpu.
  5. manin17 said:
    i have not decided yet but these are the probables:

MSI 760GM-P33
    ASUS M4N68T-M V2

What is your budget? None of those is very good, and the 2nd one come with nVidia chipset that isn't good for an AMD rig.

Quote:
    Ram has nothing to do with ocing you cpu.

Thats not really true.
  6. if i have to use the ram in overclock .
  7. If your CPU isn't BE, the RAM is an important factor for overclock using FSB.
  8. ok.then which could be the ram requiremnts in that case
    ??
  9. High end RAM, Crucial, Corsair, STT, G.Skill.....in other words, NOT value RAM.
  10. i can't overclock with other rams???i mean other than these??
  11. you can overclock any RAM can and depending on whether you have a motherboard that supports it and how much RAM can be overclocked, because the RAM has a limitation of the maximum overclock, of course the result will be different due to differences in other hardware sytem
  12. Not RAM that doesn't have Heat Spreader.
  13. thanks
  14. Best answer selected by manin17.
Ask a new question

Read More

Memory Overclocking Hardware