SLI troubleshooting

Henk

Distinguished
May 27, 2009
Hello everyone,

This problem is really aggravating.
With the most recent update of my NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GX2 driver to version 8.15.11.8585, I have noticed that my SLI support does not work.

My motherboard is an ASUS M2N72-D and the Phenom I operates with Vista Ultimate 64 bit.
The SLI connector between both cards is installed.

I do not receive an error message in the NVIDIA control panel. The conprol panel instead, after clicking apply, intends to close several applications, but then reverts back to no SLI use.

What am I missing???

Also, what BIOS settings are essential for the motherboard to support SLI? I have recently installed a new sound card, and may have made some changes I cannot recapture to make the sound card work.

Thanks in advance!

Henk

Distinguished
May 27, 2009

Actually, there is two of them in my system (which I should have noted down earlier).

I should also note that the screen goes blank (i.e. black) multiple times while the NVIDIA ctrl panel tries to close the applications.

Henk

Distinguished
May 27, 2009
Thanks in advance for the help.

I might not be suffiently proficient to notice obvious mistakes, so any help I can check for is truly appreciated.

Also, I am certain that the system ran when the machine has been customized last year. As said, I just noticed as of today's upgrade that SLI fails.

Henk

Distinguished
May 27, 2009
This is a good idea - I could try with the driver the card has been shipped with again and see if that still works.

As they say - the problem is always between two ears. It only depends whose ears those are. :D

Henk

Distinguished
May 27, 2009
Mousemonkey - you have made it to today's heroes list!

Driver 7.13.xxxx.... actually made it. Fully agreed - newer is NOT necessarily better.

Thanks a lot again for the help. :)

TRENDING THREADS