Changed MOBO : now no pictures

superflyguy

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2009
Hi, I am pretty new to all this, so excuse me if it seems silly or too easy.

I have am trying to change my mobo and keep getting a 'No Signal' error on my monitor when booting up. The new fan etc. works so that seems ok.
My prev mobo had an old GEforce graphics card, but the new mobo has integrated graphics. i have had a look thu the BIOS to try an swich to onboard graphics, but cant seem to find the right setting.
any ideas what am i doing wrong? if you need any more info let me know.

cheers
adam

roonj

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2009
Not much information here, you should see a bios setting for selecting video source which usually has IGP, PCI, PCI-E sometimes refered to as PEG. Select PEG or provide more info on your motherboard.

superflyguy

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2009
apologies for my lack of detail.

the mobo i am having trouble with is an MSI, MS-7057 v1.

when i connect the power lead and monitor cable the CPU fan starts up, but the monitor displays 'No Signal'. Therefore i cannot access the BIOS. I have tried moving the jumpers to clear the BIOS, but this doesn't seem to have made any difference. any ideas?

adam

You better be sure the cmos jumper is in the run position. Any extra standoffs touching the board circuitry? Any loose wires under the board? I would first try reseating and using just one stick of memory, Unplug the video card (using onboard video) if possible, and unplug all the drives. Bare post requires only the cpu/heatsink, memory, and video. I also use the keyboard in case it posts so I can enter the bios, change the boot order, save and exit. Finally, did you check the board bios version to be sure it supports your cpu? Your board only supports 533 fsb p4's in socket 478. Can't run the 800 fsb northwoods or prescotts.

superflyguy

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2009
thanks for the post.

jumpers are in 'keep data' position
nothing touching circuitry
no loose wires

I am only using one memory stick (which works on another mobo)
No video card is being used.

the CPU is a Celeron D 2.4ghz

have tried a 'bare post' (CPU/HS, Memory, Monitor lead) . single beep, fan active. 'no signal' shows on monitor. if the monitor cable is removed the error changes to 'cable not connected'

any further ideas?