START MANUAL SECTION
"Storage Interface South Bridge:
1. 6x SATA 3Gb/s connectors (SATA2_0, SATA2_1, SATA2_2, SATA2_3, SATA2_4, SATA2_5) supporting up to 6 SATA 3Gb/s devices
2. Support for SATA RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, and RAID 10
GIGABYTE SATA2 chip:
1. 1 x IDE connector supporting ATA-133/100/66/33 and up to 2 IDE devices
2. 2 x SATA 3Gb/s connectors (GSATA2_0, GSATA2_1) supporting up to 2 SATA 3Gb/s devices
3. Support for SATA RAID 0, RAID 1 and JBOD
END OF MANUAL SECTION
I need to know if I can simpy put this newest SATA II drive to any unsued SATA 2 cable?
Do I have to remove or move around any drives?
Is there a max supported drives for the motherboard?
Just plug and play.
There is a potential for a problem if your computer thinks it's supposed to boot off the new drive. In this case, you'll have to dredge through your BIOS and set the drive priority. It may take some time..
Likely won't be a problem, though.