Opinions on FrozenCPU.com Window Kits

RazberyBandit

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2008
Has anyone ever used one of their kits? LINK

I've been considering hacking up my CoolerMaster CM-690 and Antec 300 cases and installing one of their kits, but I'd like to know if anyone else has used them and how well their molding works. I can make the metal cuts, but as I've never cut acrylic, I'm not about to try to cut my own window(s) using sheets from Home Depot. Plus, cutting my own perfectly round, pre-drilled 120mm blow-holes would be out of the question.

I'd go with a CoolerMaster pre-made CM-690 panel, but it has plastic rivets, looks kinda silly, and seems too narrow to really show the interior.

If you can recommend any other merchants who have window kits, please do so. Most places I've looked (Directron, Xoxide, Coolerguys, etc.) have nothing, or next to nothing, available.

RazberyBandit

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2008
I saw the bolt-on kit for the 300, and to be honest, it's just too damn big. I don't want to see the side of the drive bays, just the "goodies," ya know? Plus, it doesn't have a hole for a side-fan, so there goes any fresh air blowing across that system's dual-4850 Crossfire setup.

And if the DIY kits are too expensive, where can I get something cheaper that includes molding for less than $12-$17? And if that's expensive, why'd you recommend the $50 bolt-on?

RazberyBandit

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2008
I checked out that site, and after consideration, I'm just gonna go ahead and do it myself with supplies purchased at local hardware stores. I've already got everything I need except the acrylic and some trim molding, so why not, right?

Thanks badge.