Cell Phones popular

Last response: in Video Games
Share
April 19, 2005 6:12:54 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2,alt.games-the-sims (More info?)

So much better cell phones are great!

Once all sims have cell phones and I get rid of all telephone. No more
annoying ringing!

How can sim sell "Handheld" ? because one of this sim crazy play with
handheld all the time...

More about : cell phones popular

Anonymous
April 19, 2005 6:12:55 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2,alt.games-the-sims (More info?)

Make sure you have a normal phone on hand when you want to hire a nanny
- all sorts of crazy shenanigans ensue when you try hiring them from
the mobile!

~*~
vecki
Anonymous
April 19, 2005 6:12:55 AM

Wesley wrote:
> So much better cell phones are great!

How do you buy a cell phone? Where are they?
April 19, 2005 6:12:55 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2,alt.games-the-sims (More info?)

Actually, I don't think the cell phones ring at night during the hours
people don't like to be called. Unfortunately, they do ring during the
rest of the day when your sims might be sleeping (7am to 11 pm)
Anonymous
April 19, 2005 9:14:43 AM

ToolPackinMama wrote:
> Wesley wrote:
>> So much better cell phones are great!
>
> How do you buy a cell phone? Where are they?

You have to have university installed. If you want to buy one in a regular
neighbourhood you need to add them to the shops you have I think. I don't
let my Sims have them.

Gareeth
Anonymous
April 19, 2005 9:25:34 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2,alt.games-the-sims (More info?)

Why? Will they run up a bill??? LOL
> ToolPackinMama wrote:
> > Wesley wrote:
> >> So much better cell phones are great!
> >
> > How do you buy a cell phone? Where are they?
>
> You have to have university installed. If you want to buy one in a regular
> neighbourhood you need to add them to the shops you have I think. I don't
> let my Sims have them.
>
> Gareeth

Anonymous
April 19, 2005 11:31:42 AM

Catty lake wrote:
> Why? Will they run up a bill??? LOL

No but unlike the wall phone a cell phone will ring in the night. I don't
want my Sims waking up five million times a night to yak.

Gareeth
April 19, 2005 12:55:46 PM

"ToolPackinMama" <laura@lauragoodwin.org> wrote in message
> Wesley wrote:
>> So much better cell phones are great!
>
> How do you buy a cell phone? Where are they?

You must have university installed and you can buy at koisk

and

you need goto community in koisk in build mode and install machine there
then play sims 2 goto community and buy cell phone there also handheld and
MP3 player.
Anonymous
April 19, 2005 9:08:44 PM

Cuth asked:

"Like what? Intentional or a glitch?"

I answer:
I think it's a glitch. I had an issue where Nina Caliente kept trying
to hire a nanny to track schedule using the mobile and the nanny would
appear an hour after calling, and leaving while Nina was at work,
bringing on the social worker when the toddler passed out on the floor.
I went through about four nannies that way, having to call every day.

Calling using the normal phone brought everything back to normal.

~*~
vecki
Anonymous
April 19, 2005 10:35:05 PM

--
--Cuth
Anonymous

DeAnn wrote:
> Actually, I don't think the cell phones ring at night during the hours
> people don't like to be called. Unfortunately, they do ring during
> the rest of the day when your sims might be sleeping (7am to 11 pm)

Well lots of people on email lists have said they have Sims getting calls at
all hours so I didn't want to chance it. But yeah my Sims do sleep
non-traditional hours so that would be a pain and it is totally unrealistic
that your Sim can't put it down somewhere.

Gareeth
April 20, 2005 5:27:14 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2,alt.games-the-sims (More info?)

you can give the handheld away to a child on any conveniant public lot
"Wesley" <Wesley@kissworld.com.de> wrote in message
> So much better cell phones are great!
>
> Once all sims have cell phones and I get rid of all telephone. No more
> annoying ringing!
>
> How can sim sell "Handheld" ? because one of this sim crazy play with
> handheld all the time...

Anonymous
April 22, 2005 7:41:39 AM

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 02:12:54 GMT, "Wesley" <Wesley@kissworld.com.de>
wrote:

>So much better cell phones are great!
>
>Once all sims have cell phones and I get rid of all telephone. No more
>annoying ringing!
>
>How can sim sell "Handheld" ? because one of this sim crazy play with
>handheld all the time...

The latest version of the InSIMenator has the ability to add or REMOVE
your sims handheld electronics like phones (from day sleepers),
handheld games (which aren't too bad), or the Inconvenient MP3 players
that take way too long for sims to put away. The InSIMenator really
comes in handy when I feel the need to remove an electronic toy that I
never should have let them have in the first place! ^_^

That's my 2¢,

FTA

"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."

-Martin Luther King Jr.
April 22, 2005 8:56:53 AM

I figure out...handheld can gave away at community to child.

That was so cute!
Anonymous
April 23, 2005 5:24:18 AM

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 04:56:53 GMT, "Wesley" <Wesley@kissworld.com.de>
wrote:

>I figure out...handheld can gave away at community to child.
>
>That was so cute!

I like that feature of the game as well, though I don't mind my sims
playing with their handhelds since they come in handy when I'd like my
sims to stay in one area for awhile (like when they're waiting for an
invited guest to arrive or I'm TRYING to keep them away from any
babies in the house).

Too bad you can't make your sims give away their MP3 players to
community children, I think those things are Really Annoying! ^_^ The
InSIMenator is the only thing I've found so far, that can remove an
MP3 player from a sims inventory...

That's my 2¢,

FTA

"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."

-Martin Luther King Jr.
Anonymous
April 24, 2005 6:17:32 PM

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 22:06:57 GMT, Gareeth <Gareethnews@hotmail.com> wrote:

> DeAnn wrote:
>> Actually, I don't think the cell phones ring at night during the hours
>> people don't like to be called. Unfortunately, they do ring during
>> the rest of the day when your sims might be sleeping (7am to 11 pm)
>
> Well lots of people on email lists have said they have Sims getting
> calls at
> all hours so I didn't want to chance it. But yeah my Sims do sleep
> non-traditional hours so that would be a pain and it is totally
> unrealistic
> that your Sim can't put it down somewhere.

You would be amazed at how many people take their cell phones with them to
bed. I red a statistic of how many % took the cell phone while making
love, it was less than half but it was still funny that it wasn't zero.

Incidentally, the phone-free zone in Sims2 starts at 2AM, but there are
very few who call after midnight and you can't call them. They start
again at 8AM, I believe. At least you can call them then.

good sign." -G
Anonymous
April 24, 2005 6:21:17 PM

On 18 Apr 2005 19:18:14 -0700, vecki <vecsta02@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Make sure you have a normal phone on hand when you want to hire a nanny
> - all sorts of crazy shenanigans ensue when you try hiring them from
> the mobile!

Really? I thought all sorts of crazy things always happened with nannies!

M&M hired their nanny via cell phone for sure, because they had no wall
phones in their home until Melinda started school. The nanny was very
helpful but she would show up at night when both parents were at home, and
try to take care of the toddler. She would also charge for those hours.
But it's nothing like the crazy stuff I've heard other people tell about
nannies running around in the underwear and eating their food.

good sign." -G
Anonymous
April 24, 2005 6:21:18 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2,alt.games-the-sims (More info?)

-->M&M hired their nanny via cell phone for sure, because they had no wall
-->phones in their home until Melinda started school. The nanny was very
-->helpful but she would show up at night when both parents were at home, and
-->try to take care of the toddler. She would also charge for those hours.
-->But it's nothing like the crazy stuff I've heard other people tell about
-->nannies running around in the underwear and eating their food.
-->
-->

This happened to me and that's why I killed my nannies LOL. I had one
that ran around in black granny underwear all through the house. She
ate our food and slept in our beds. I fired her but she still refused
to leave. She was still there even after my kids grew up and went to
school so I killed her by locking her in a little room with no doors or
windows.

sharon
Anonymous
April 26, 2005 7:58:20 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2,alt.games-the-sims (More info?)

On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 17:35:32 GMT, sharonx9 posted to alt.games.the-sims-2:

> She was still there even after my kids grew up and went to
> school so I killed her by locking her in a little room with no doors or
> windows.

Yes, because if you leave her a window she'll crawl out and get away.

j/k :)

--
When asked what he thought of western civilization, Ghandi replied
"I think it would be a good idea."