Asus P4P800-VM Troubles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noobster15

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2009
Hey, i just recently move my brothers motherboard into a new Case.

After installing the hardware into the case, i tried to start up the computer to get to the bios. But the old CRT screen wont turn on.

Im wondering if i have put the wires in the correct pins etc. I would appreciate a screen shot of the motherboard with all the wires hooked up. So i can know where to put everything.

Im also trying out the SATA ports for the first time with this mobo. <<Maybe causing a problem?

Specs:
Ati X1650 PRO 512MB AGP
350 Watt PSU
2GB RAM
500GB HDD
Going to be Windows XP.
Old 16/17 Inch CRT monitor
Asus P4P800-VM MOBO
Pentium 4 2.8GHZ
Cooler Master 310 Case.

Also i remeber disabling the On board graphics awhile back when installing the ATI (through XP device manager), and i also changed the screen boot order thing to agp/pci I THINK.

If reseting the bios will fix this it would be appreciated if someone told me how to do that.

Solution
Here's the page for that model. You can download the manual, view pictures of the board, read how to reset the BIOS and more there.

http://usa.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=lWkFWt6I1Nykye1b

You won't find screenshots (actually photos) of the motherboard with the wires hooked up because you didn't take any before you pulled the old wires in the old case. That wiring is the best guide to wiring it up in the new case. But the diagrams in the manual will give you the position of all the pins and the info and labeling on the new case will help you plug them in.

Some of it's hit and miss - you'll know when you have the HDD leds right when they light up only when hard drive is accessing, etc...

Yes, try resetting the BIOS.

Disconnect...

Mongox

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2009
Here's the page for that model. You can download the manual, view pictures of the board, read how to reset the BIOS and more there.

http://usa.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=lWkFWt6I1Nykye1b

You won't find screenshots (actually photos) of the motherboard with the wires hooked up because you didn't take any before you pulled the old wires in the old case. That wiring is the best guide to wiring it up in the new case. But the diagrams in the manual will give you the position of all the pins and the info and labeling on the new case will help you plug them in.

Some of it's hit and miss - you'll know when you have the HDD leds right when they light up only when hard drive is accessing, etc...

Yes, try resetting the BIOS.

Disconnect all the wiring to all your drives. See if the system boots.

Pull the video card and plug into the built-in VGA port.

You mention the CRT is black - is the computer starting up?

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.