Sign in with
Your question

How set a jumper for cmos

Last response: in Motherboards
October 25, 2009 8:53:46 PM

my intel865gv mother board resets the cmos setup at every poweroff.is that jumper problem.i dono where is it?.please tell me how to fix this problem

More about : set jumper cmos

a c 235 V Motherboard
October 25, 2009 9:04:13 PM

If you didn't have that issue before, a defective battery might be the source of the problem. Jumper instructions are in the manual and/or on a sticker that came with the motherboard.
October 25, 2009 9:28:11 PM

Thanks very much for your best reply.

its a new board but the battery slot is slightly damaged.i haven't got any chart from the seller.

i have SATA disk.the mother board haven't support the sata disk by default.

so i have to configure every time i starts the system.

please tell me a good solution for this.
Related resources
a c 235 V Motherboard
October 25, 2009 11:37:41 PM

Quote:
its a new board but the battery slot is slightly damaged.i haven't got any chart from the seller.
How old is that motherboard? If it's less than 3 years old, it might be under warranty. If not, then you need to fix the battery holder or figure out a way to install an external battery (or return it to the seller). There should be a manual for that motherboard. Who makes it and what model is it?
October 27, 2009 6:32:11 AM

hello GhislainG, im sorry its too late to reply.

i check it out. the seller sold me the2nd hand item. that's he didn't have any options for me.i have to fix this myself.

its a Intel 865gv mother board(P4 HT processor ), it seems like fresh so battery may b new but no warranty .I'll try the idea of external battery.
Thank you
!