Newegg and Phenom II 955 Black Edition Problem?

dpeel

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2007
I was planning on buying a Phenom II 955 Black Edition from Newegg where I have bought most of my new computer hardware for a number of years and this weekend when I wanted to buy this CPU.....showed Out-Of-Stock. I contacted them by online chat this morning and was told they don't plan to have this CPU again. I was really puzzled as this is the current top of the line quad core processor for AMD. The person I chatted with either couldn't or wouldn't tell me what was really going on. I told him I hated to have to buy someplace else as I had such good past relations with them.

I was wondering if anyone might know what is going on with Newegg and not carrying this CPU anymore.....are they having problems with AMD?

Incidentally.....I bought this processor from Amazon who I also trust at the same price this morning....$199 with free shipping.

jj463rd

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2008
Wow that's a good explanation why the 955 BE was at a HUGE discount for combo deals recently over at newegg.Glad I got mine for cheap.
Edit -I just checked on newegg and it doesn't show the SOLD OUT right now as of the time that I edited.

TRENDING THREADS